All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-08-2008, 06:16 PM

KainOcelot is on a distinguished road
USB Device Not Recognized

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, or if there's already a topic on this. I did some searching to no avail.

Last year, my brother sent me a Nokia N80 from the UK (I'm in Canada) for my birthday. I never had any problems with it, got it all set up etc and went about my life. I haven't had to connect it to my PC for PC Suite use in a while, as I had everything as I wanted it. Recently however, I decided to change some things and tried to connect. In the past it was always just a "plug in, select PC Suite" and that was it. This time, a little window in the bottom popped up saying "USB Device Not Recognized". I'd never had this problem before. I started doing some searching, and followed many of the "solutions" I came across on the net. Reinstalling, resetting, different USB ports, etc. None of these have worked so far however. I'm hoping some of you guys here may have had this problem and found a fix. Let me know what info you need (It's a Nokia N80 as I said, running on Windows XP) beyond that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 21-08-2008, 10:20 AM

cricfancy is on a distinguished road
Hi KainOcelot,

Are you using the original cable that you have received from NOKIA
If yes, as you said, try the cable in different USB ports in your PC,

Uninstall Nokia PC Suites if any, then also uninstall Nokia Connectivity cable driver, PC Connectivity solution, run reliable PC Cleaner, which will clear all unwanted registries from your PC. Then install PC Suite ( if you want SMS & COntacts editors option, you can download nokia pc suite 7.0.7.0 from Nokia.com/pcsuite or Nokia NSeries PC Suite 2.0.262.0 from NSeries.com support pages or Nokia OVI Suite for PC 1.0 from Nokia ovi.com

But keep in mind, if you install Nokia NSeries PC Suite/Nokia OVI Suite, you wont be able to send SMS via PC and you cannot edit Contacts from PC.

Hope this post may be useful to you
Ads

Old 22-12-2008, 05:35 PM

alrib78 is on a distinguished road
If your mobile n usb cord are new ones then u should install nokia pc suite application,
then try connecting through your usb cable

If both r old then the likely problem will be moisture or dust stuck to the connecting end in your mobile.Just clean that with any glossy surface cleaners like Cleanex and try it will work.