All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-10-2005, 09:12 PM

Webbunny is on a distinguished road
Question Probs connecting Agile Msgr to Yahoo

Hi all, first post, be gentle,

I've had a 6680 on Orange in the UK since May, very pleased with it, and I was using Agile Msgr regularly until I got the first 'You need to download the latest version' sign on message after Agile had announced they were starting charging. Up until then, I'd had no problems with signing onto the Yahoo Messenger 'network'.

Because of the charging thing, I gave up on Agile for a while.

But this week, I've decided the one off payment isn't too bad for an app thats as useful as Agile, so I got on my PC, got the latest release and installed it to the phone.

I just wanted to check that everything was working first - just like it used to, and of course it doesn't!

I get the 'Connecting' animation, and then I get the error that Msgr could not connect and do I want to run diagnostics... so I have, and it passes every test... it then drops me to the Contact list, and the list is POPULATED with my Yahoo friends, but I'm not connected, and all my friends are listed as disconnected.

Whats even more interesting is if I'm already connected in Yahoo Messenger on my PC - it signs out and brings up the 'You have signed on from another machine' bootoff message.

So It seems at some point in all the 'Connecting' phase, I do get signed in, and then it throws me off again!

The only thing I thought might be the problem was password length - my Yahoo password is 10 chars long, and the password fields in Agile only seem to handle 8 chars.

I then tried it with my MSN/Passport account, which I only normally use at work to get on closed parts of the Microsoft site. Its only got a 8 char password, and I connected to MSN Messenger no problem.

Of course, now I cant do any more testing to see whats going on, because my 7 day trial has finished... So has anyone else had the same problems with Agile getting into Yahoo?

Cheers, Andy

Old 08-10-2005, 10:36 AM

Webbunny is on a distinguished road
OK, I said be gentle, but not that gentle!

#bounce#

Andy
Ads

Old 26-10-2005, 10:33 PM

stf888 is on a distinguished road
Please check agile messenger support page: www.agilemobile.com/support. There you may find solution to your yahoo problems and if not then you can download debug version of agile messenger and send log, that can help to solve your problem. If you can not test it because of trial period over, then contact agile mobile, or leave your email address in debug version log description and i am sure that agile mobile will contact you and solve this interesting problem.

Old 29-10-2005, 10:49 PM

boditza is on a distinguished road
Use Instant Messenger plus. Its easyer... does the same thing... same graphics and it never charged me extra. Mail me at boditza12345@yahoo.com if u want it.