All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-10-2012, 03:50 PM

ScotsmanTom is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 808 and n9 pulled from UK contract

in checking chitterchatter.co.uk today i am disappointed to see they have pulled these great Nokia phones from contract availability. The 808 was only on for a month. I was due to replace my N8 in December so it looks like it may be a Samsung galaxy 3 for me. Sad though.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:03 PM

trbarrett is on a distinguished road
That's disappointing. I was thinking of using this to get an 808 in December like you.

My second plan is to apply for an interest free credit card to buy one outright then go SIM-only on my contract. I reckon the repayments will not work out too badly, but it's a hell of a lot of trouble to go to to get the handset I want!

Old 13-10-2012, 06:59 AM

i have finally decided after two years with the n8 to keep it without a SIM card for the camera, video recorder,sat Nav and fm transmitter and get a Samsung galaxy s3 for 21 per month and enjoy the lightning speed web browsing on a 4.8 inch screen and all the wonderful apps android offers. Pity, i would have preferred to have 808 on contract.

Last edited by ScotsmanTom; 13-10-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Old 22-10-2012, 07:31 AM

jumped from n8 to Samsung galaxy s3

finally did it. for a week I have been owner of Samsung galaxy s3 from t-mobile UK with 750mb of monthly data. unfortunately because of background data downloads I used my 3g allowance after one day so phone not leaving house till first month expires.
apart from that I love big screen, slickness of adding from the wonderful app store. the handset is fast and great for internet browsing. keyboards are poor. adding new word to predictive dictionary is terribly long winded compared to belle.
I am keeping n8 for camera navigation and fm transmitter until I am fully up to speed with
android.
hate this keyboard and I have tried five already.
love customization potential of android but still using opera mobile instead of default or chrome it is just plain better or maybe I am used to it.
the screen and the speed are the big differences that would make going back to n8 hard

Last edited by ScotsmanTom; 22-10-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Ads