All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-06-2006, 05:01 AM

180wanabe is on a distinguished road
How to use a freshly installed app

Hi

I'v been living under a rock the last 5 or so years and decided to get a new phone being the 3250 due to it having flash lite pre installed

anyhow i'v been using a Seimens ME45 and i'm lost when it comes to using my new phone

I wanted to try to watch a video file on my phone but didint have any luck viewing it with real player, so i did a google and came across a program called smartmove which converts your movies to a format that suits the 3250s OS the program also comes with a player called smart movie which is what you use to view the movie you have converted

anyhow i converted a movie on my PC and copied it across to my memory card allong with the smart movie player

i browsed the memory card and installed the app

ok great the apps installed but how do i open it up or find it in the phone? i have found it in the app manager but have no idea how to tell the phone to use this app to open the movie i have converted!

sorry for such a N00b question but i am a n00b!

http://www.symbiangear.com/product.h...17,19721,98487

thats the URL of the software if anyone else wants to have a go

Old 27-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
You can find Smart Movie in the installed application folder in the appliction view (same one where you see messaging, contacts, web etc icons). The installed appliction folder is normally called one of the following: Installations, My Own, Applications.

You access all the application on your phone this way. You'll find quite a few application one level down (i.e. in a folder). This includes Real Player which can also be used to play video (although it supports less formats than Smart Movie).

Old 09-08-2007, 08:11 AM

rdcontractor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180wanabe View Post
Hi

I'v been living under a rock the last 5 or so years and decided to get a new phone being the 3250 due to it having flash lite pre installed

anyhow i'v been using a Seimens ME45 and i'm lost when it comes to using my new phone

I wanted to try to watch a video file on my phone but didint have any luck viewing it with real player, so i did a google and came across a program called smartmove which converts your movies to a format that suits the 3250s OS the program also comes with a player called smart movie which is what you use to view the movie you have converted

anyhow i converted a movie on my PC and copied it across to my memory card allong with the smart movie player

i browsed the memory card and installed the app

ok great the apps installed but how do i open it up or find it in the phone? i have found it in the app manager but have no idea how to tell the phone to use this app to open the movie i have converted!

sorry for such a N00b question but i am a n00b!

http://www.symbiangear.com/product.h...17,19721,98487

thats the URL of the software if anyone else wants to have a go
Since you have installed smartmovie, there must be an icon for its execution. Search all the folders on the main screen. Start the application and you will see the main menu. Select browse files, then again select menu (bottom left corner) and select rescan file system. All your .avi files should be listed then. (No other except .avi) Try and see.
Ads