All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

SwitchBlade is on a distinguished road
The T9 issue...

Yes after all the years of being a communicator owner and crying out for it I want it gone. Taken out of the back of the device and shot, three times, through the head, just to be sure. I find myself much like with the old devices ignoring the outside screen unless I feel the desire to use the camera, so even though I can now do one handed text entry on the outside with ease, I can't be bothered.

So I open the clamshell up and "bollox pressed shift again after a full stop", "arse biscuits, need to press shift after a fullstop followed by speech marks", "shit caps lock again, right that was both shifts together wasn't it?". All I want is for it to stop trying to be "helpful" I know how to type, I've been doing it for almost 2 decades now and it's rather ingrained both in my mind and muscle memory that I press space twice and shift after a full stop, I can't stop it. Now on old phones you could turn irritating things like this off, but I can't find an option (not like the E90 is the easiest thing to configure), so is it there, anywhere? Or has someone decided to be my saviour and slap an application together to disable it?

It's just annoying as the bloody typing which you'd expect to be the number one priority on a device whose form factor is decided by it's bloody keyboard is made so painstakingly difficult.
A weekly science fiction serial by me, written on a 9500/E90.
Ads

Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 PM

elp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
Or has someone decided to be my saviour and slap an application together to disable it?
I think that QuickWrite does disable the auto-capitalization. But it adds auto-completion (which you might or might not find useful) and it clashes with SkyeQuiKey, which I can't live without anymore.