All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
How to make your own ebooks

You may have gathered, over the years, that Ewan's a bit of a Mobipocket Reader fan. Personally, I sit there fuming wondering why the developers still haven't got round to programming a 'Find' function, but that's another rant for another day. Anyway, Ewan's penned a useful beginner's guide on how to make your own ebooks, for reading on the move and for saving huge amounts of excess book-weight when travelling.

Read on in the full article.
Ads

Old 21-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Another source of fan fiction is fanfiction.net, which amazingly have a whole section devoted to Ski Free stories:

http://www.fanfiction.net/game/SkiFree/

(Yes, that little Windows game where you ski down a slope forever.)

Old 21-09-2008, 05:12 PM

Insane Reindeer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

a few points...

1)Blood Sweat and Tea!

2)Great points for the breaks in text but I feel it may be worth mentioning that with the free Open Office suite you can export any file straight to pdf and then just have Mobipocket do it's business on on the pdf.

3)Thank you for writing this, am in the process of sending it off to family and friends as a real beginners guide!

Old 22-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Personally, I use X-plore (yes, the file manager). It reads text files just great (no need to convert them to anything), complete with a default font that's sub-pixel anti-aliased. Looks a lot better than those mobireader screenshots ... and it has a find function, too

Oh, and best of all: X-plore only reads text files a page at a time, meaning instant file openings and low memory consumption.