All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 06-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unofficially the E66 downloand version apparently works on the N95s and N82. I also read that unofficially the 6210 Navi works with the download version of the 6720.. anyone have more concrete infos on it?
Eh? Doesn't work on my phones. The installer gives a 'No access' error. Anyone know what's going on here?

Old 06-04-2010, 11:54 PM

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Yep, doesn't work for me on my N95 either. The installer gives me the same "no access' error. Prob to good to be true for it to really work!

Old 07-04-2010, 02:45 AM

Hardeep1singh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
To the moaners: the E66 version works on the N95 and N82.
The application works but the free navigation doesn't. It still asks for a license.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post
Eh? Doesn't work on my phones. The installer gives a 'No access' error. Anyone know what's going on here?
I read that @symbian freak, I'm not sure either but i'll try it on my old 6210 Navi

Maybe the version needs to be cracked and signed?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:23 AM

willem hordijk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I read that @symbian freak, I'm not sure either but i'll try it on my old 6210 Navi

Maybe the version needs to be cracked and signed?
mine does not work on the e71 also message error to install.
Even message not compatible.
So a wrong version on the ovisite!!!!
Ads

Old 07-04-2010, 10:43 AM

buster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatunkhamon View Post
Hi buster,

thanks for the info, good to know - I will do the same.

May I ask what version did you purchase, and do you know what is missing, compared to the newer devices? The main thing I have been missing (currently) is the voice guidance while driving, hopefully that is covered in the paid version. And even if not, 10 is basically nothing.

- T
What I have tested is the voice navigation for driving, which works fine. I'm not sure if the pedestrian navigation is also included, as I haven't tried it...

Old 07-04-2010, 11:18 AM

willem hordijk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyd View Post
Yep, doesn't work for me on my N95 either. The installer gives me the same "no access' error. Prob to good to be true for it to really work!
Send us your mobile number.

We'll send you an SMS with a download link. (It might take several minutes for the SMS to arrive.)

http://maps.nokia.com/ovi-services-a...ds#/nokia-e71/

www.nokia.mobi/maps/download in``the``browser``of``your``nokia!!!!!

Last edited by willem hordijk; 07-04-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

"I have found a huuuuuge ignorant mistake in Ovi Maps 3.03 update! There is no way to search for an address!!! Yes there is the search bar but if you don't know the correct spelling of the address you're screwed!"

Just type the first letters of the address you know and press GO, you will see all scroll down options.
Enterning part of a streetname followed by "," followed by city name gives you all scroll down options in that city. Haven't tried other options, but seems to work fine for me. Good luck.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
"I have found a huuuuuge ignorant mistake in Ovi Maps 3.03 update! There is no way to search for an address!!! Yes there is the search bar but if you don't know the correct spelling of the address you're screwed!"

Just type the first letters of the address you know and press GO, you will see all scroll down options.
Enterning part of a streetname followed by "," followed by city name gives you all scroll down options in that city. Haven't tried other options, but seems to work fine for me. Good luck.
i know what you mean and it does ok if you're looking in your city, but if you want to type an address in another city there is no way to go by 1.country 2. city 3. street. 4. Nr. Nokia just went ahead and removed that feature.

It should give you an option after pressing 'Drive' > 'Set destination' then ADDRESS!!! They clearly just forgot that! A Navigation DEVICE that can't look up an ADDRESS!! GREAT!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Captain Jon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i know what you mean and it does ok if you're looking in your city, but if you want to type an address in another city there is no way to go by 1.country 2. city 3. street. 4. Nr. Nokia just went ahead and removed that feature.

It should give you an option after pressing 'Drive' > 'Set destination' then ADDRESS!!! They clearly just forgot that! A Navigation DEVICE that can't look up an ADDRESS!! GREAT!!!
What? It does work.

In fact I just tested it. I am currently in London and I just inserted a random address in Edinburgh to test, and Ovi Maps found it just fine.

Just type:

house no, street name, city and Ovi Maps will do the rest

This new search field is far more efficient than the old multiple fields version.

No one complains when Google uses the same method, but then again this is Nokia. I heard it is pretty trendy to mock them.

Last edited by Captain Jon; 07-04-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

were handsful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jon View Post
What? It does work.

In fact I just tested it. I am currently in London and I just inserted a random address in Edinburgh to test, and Ovi Maps found it just fine.

Just type:

house no, street name, city and Ovi Maps will do the rest

This new search field is far more efficient than the old multiple fields version.

No one complains when Google uses the same method, but then again this is Nokia. I heard it is pretty trendy to mock them.

just because google screwed up you dont need to copy them, and google maps does not have the navigation option so it's not comparable! they can keep the search bar i'm not against it but in 'set destination' they still need to put back the 'Address' field otherwise there is no logic behind it if you want to navigate somewhere and it doesn't give you a proper field to put in the address.

The whole new maps UI is messed up, the default screen in maps should be the maps with the location where you are not the menu screen. Nokia does not have logic behind UI set up. Everyone in the whole world knows by now that Nokia's UI sucks and even though they know this they go ahead and carry their messed up UI from their touch version of Symbian into their non-touch version, it was fine how it was before they just needed to make the navigation free, the Maps UI was better before.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

why no n82?

N82 is the best camera phone of nokia, and still is! I have been a loyal nokia user for 12 years now. This will be my last nokia.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Fred* is on a distinguished road
I also just paid 10 euros for the driving navigation, but that's OK. Could be worse - there could be another 10 to pay in a year. My democratic nature is glad that it's now free for everyone.

A couple of things I've noticed so far:
Map Loader works on a Mac now!! Wonderful.

Ovi Maps doesn't save previous search locations like the older version did. So I have to re-enter the info. Why did they get rid of "History"????

Old 07-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
they can keep the search bar i'm not against it but in 'set destination' they still need to put back the 'Address' field otherwise there is no logic behind it if you want to navigate somewhere and it doesn't give you a proper field to put in the address.
There is an address field... It is a called search!

Before I navigate somewhere, I go to:

Drive -> Set destination -> Search

Type address, result pops up, select address

Starts driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred* View Post
Ovi Maps doesn't save previous search locations like the older version did. So I have to re-enter the info. Why did they get rid of "History"????
Walk/Drive -> Set destination -> History

It is missing from the 'Find places' which I do admit is pretty annoying

Old 07-04-2010, 06:47 PM
rishqo

N78

Will this ever be available for N78? I am anxiously waiting since January...Nokia, please listen....