All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
AAS Insight 118 - Nokia Design, #NokiaNav

In All About Symbian Insight 118 Ewan and Rafe share their thoughts on a visit to Nokia's design HQ in London, the release of Sports Tracker and memory performance on Ewan's X6. The second half of the podcast features an outside broadcast recorded at the recent #NokiaNav event in Richmond. Rafe and Steve are joined Julien Fourgeaud and discuss the event and related accessories and activities. You can listen to AAS Insight 118 here or, if you wish to subscribe, here's the RSS feed.

Read on in the full article.

Old 17-05-2010, 07:02 PM

Dazzy is on a distinguished road
When you's reviews the C6 please take the points mentioned in this insight into account. It might be something I will be interested in and having the pleasure of testing a new shell app for the last six weeks or so I know for a fact you guys will love this app when it's available. It totally transforms my vivaz, but I am finding when editing word docs etc I really need a qwerty device that leaves me the full screen.

Just not sure I want to spend big money on a backup device so soon after spending 350 on the Vivaz.

Old 18-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Micky! is on a distinguished road
Just to note, Sports Tracker for non-touch is not available for the N95 models.

Also, I was shocked that WOMWorld used expensive, flash sports cars for this promotion, and would of thought they would of got more positive publicity if they had used eco-friendly, electric, green cars, this would of tied in with Nokia's own green campaign which is currently running, so its an interesting choice made with WW, and not exactly sure who agreed to the budget for such a promotional event.

Old 18-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Why are your podcasts sooooooooo slooooooooow to download???
Ads

Old 18-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
We're still trying to find out why some people are finding the podcasts slow to download. I just downloaded the last one in about 2 minutes. Is not as fast as it could be, but should be sufficient.

I'm aware others are having problems though. If any one has any bright ideas I'm open t suggestions.

Old 18-05-2010, 05:48 PM

Dazzy is on a distinguished road
I sometimes find rebooting my router helps, using googles dns servers if that helps, was slow last night when I tried first.

Old 18-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Founder / Chief

Thanks for that bit of information. It does seem to be something in the connection for some people (not necessarily ISP, but rather routing or something). For most it only seems to be an issue when downloading large files. The site itself loads reasonably quickly.

Old 19-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

I reset my router to see if that was the probelm, I also download podcasts from other sites and have never had a problem with them, only AAS and Steve's podcasts, Phoneshow audio 39 took over 9 mins for 26mb last night