All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

The problem is old version of Joikuspot, get the update!

"hey folks!

if you use an n97 please dont start ovi maps before you deactivated the wlan option! if you dont do you will everytime reboot your device ;-)"

"The error still exists?? I though this update might have fixed it. Sad..."

No, the error is fixed. Just uninstall Joikuspot and get the latest version of Joikuspot, that fixes the problem.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:53 AM

Stuntman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by malerocks View Post
Guys, I think what our unregistered friend means is that with pinch and zoom you have to hold the phone in one hand and use the finger and thumb of the other to pinch. He wants it in a way where he holds the phone in one hand and uses the thumb of the same hand to zoom in or out. That ways the other hand is free for whatever he wants to use it for. LOL...
Can't you just hold the phone with it resting on your middle, ring fingers and pinky with your index finger touching the screen and then slide your thumb to zoom? In any case, I generally use the GPS with a car mount if driving at least.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Can't you just hold the phone with it resting on your middle, ring fingers and pinky with your index finger touching the screen and then slide your thumb to zoom? In any case, I generally use the GPS with a car mount if driving at least.
That is really awkward. The discussion was about walking nav, when using the phone in one hand and trying to hold on to a small child with the other.

Could put the car mount on the child I supporse.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Maps 3.4

I got the "not enough memory" on my N97 as i installed it but took care of the problem by UN-installing first the previous Maps APPS and then installing the new one.

NOW I HAVE A QUESTION: By default my N97 is automatically installing it on my "c" drive. . . Now, is there anyway to installed this application into my mass memory instead of "c" drive ???

ANY HELP GREATLY appreciated

Have a great WEEK
Ads

Old 02-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Not seeing the update on X6 16GB NAM model, either from the phone or using Ovi Suite.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:48 PM

timmo2010 is on a distinguished road
N86

Can't get this to install, it'll down load (ether via OVI Suite or OTA) but get a failed to install error every time

Old 04-09-2010, 09:24 PM

b_oldie is on a distinguished road
Just updated, the sattelite sign is gone, now i cannot see the signal strength of the sattelites anymore. Why did they remove this?

And i think they should add a battery status icon.

Last edited by b_oldie; 04-09-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got the "not enough memory" on my N97 as i installed it but took care of the problem by UN-installing first the previous Maps APPS and then installing the new one.
Hmmm. I'll consider this. I guess the syncing with Ovi would enable me to keep my favourites after installing the update.

Right now, I'm not having any issues with Ovi Maps. It worked admirably on my vacation last month. Now that I'm back home, I don't feel like going through the trouble for what seems to be very little gain.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:37 AM

I managed to clear some memory and installed it.