All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-11-2003, 09:07 PM

amo is on a distinguished road
p900 quick start guide?

Hi there guys

Right, im an Orange employee who feels that he needs to diversify (end of third person speech).

Up untill now, ive been using an Orange SPV - running on the microsoft smartphone 2002 platform and will also be upgrading to the newer E200 which is smartphone 2003.

However as an employee, I get a free upgrade every six months to whatever handset I chose costing me nothing. So, I chose the SE P900 - so I can learn as much as possible about the device (not just the basics) and then be able to provide accurate support to the more advanced users such as many users of this forum and others alike. I understand it can be tedious receiving support from the networks when you need support for an aspect of a device which is deemed more "technical" than simple mms, gprs issues etc and thats why Im here.

Anyway, ive used a p800 before but never owned one. So im familiar with the phone but not to the level id like so thats where you guys come in!

Are there any quick start essential "to-do" guides for the p900 (or p800 that may be applicable to the p900) that can get me involved in advanced customisation, applications and other bits that I may be of interest. Are there extra features that have been developed for the phone in the form of applications that Sony Ericsson didnt implement?

Anyway, thanks for your time and help.

Amo

p.s. feel free to pm me for help with the Orange network, any queries or problems etc and the Microsoft Smartphone platform.
Ads

Old 14-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Re: p900 quick start guide?

Quote:
Originally posted by amo
Are there extra features that have been developed for the phone in the form of applications that Sony Ericsson didnt implement?
Well, yes of course, this is a Symbian OS site. So obviously, there are many applications available that will enhance and add features (many more so than for the M$ smartphones). You can search the P800 forum or the UIQ news section to find out more. You can also check out www.handango.com . Almost all of the P800 3'rd party applications are perfectly compatible with the P900. Those who are not, will be made so soon enough by their respective developers.

So basically, your best bet is to just search the forum, and check out Handango for available software.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson