All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-08-2004, 07:22 PM
GTMasta

Exclamation cant start 3660

recently my nokia 3660 doesnt turn on, the nokia logo shows several times but then it turns off. Why is this happening?? Can i do something to solve this? If i hav to reboot the phone can u tell me how to reboot it?? u can tell me in the thread or email me at invincible_M007@hotmail.com with title "3660 problem"

Thanks for ur kind help

Old 23-08-2004, 11:01 PM

Airwalker is on a distinguished road
Sorry to be the one to break it to you but I'm afraid that is the tell-tail sign of a dead phone. I've seen plenty of these threads around, it seems to be a common problem. Realistically, the only way you can fix it is by taking your phone to a Nokia store and having the firmware flashed. Aside from that, you could try either removing the MMC and booting and/or booting into safe mode (holding the pencil key down whilst powering the phone on), but its as good as flogging a dead horse to be honest :(

Old 23-08-2004, 11:28 PM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwalker
Sorry to be the one to break it to you but I'm afraid that is the tell-tail sign of a dead phone. I've seen plenty of these threads around, it seems to be a common problem. Realistically, the only way you can fix it is by taking your phone to a Nokia store and having the firmware flashed. Aside from that, you could try either removing the MMC and booting and/or booting into safe mode (holding the pencil key down whilst powering the phone on), but its as good as flogging a dead horse to be honest :(
Not yet. First, have you tried installing some programs that might have caused the start up to be corrupted? It happened to me once using some psiloc trial programs. you may want to try booting in safe mode (Holding the pencil key down.) Or you can try taking the MMC out first then boot without it. If successful, do a format then from there it should all be ok. Format the MMC as well. I hope you have a back up of all your contacts, messages, pictures etc...

I hope that works.

Ads

Old 24-08-2004, 09:39 AM

Airwalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamalayan
Not yet. First, have you tried installing some programs that might have caused the start up to be corrupted? It happened to me once using some psiloc trial programs. you may want to try booting in safe mode (Holding the pencil key down.) Or you can try taking the MMC out first then boot without it. If successful, do a format then from there it should all be ok. Format the MMC as well. I hope you have a back up of all your contacts, messages, pictures etc...

I hope that works.
Mmm. I did mention those possibilities but the majority of posts like these (outlining a fading Nokia logo and lines across the screen occasionally) always end up in a flashing of firmware. As you said, its usually caused by a problematic application that interferes with the bootup process. The only advice I can offer here is to stay clear of cracked applications which are often the culprit for this kind of problem.

Old 26-08-2004, 02:56 AM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwalker
Mmm. I did mention those possibilities but the majority of posts like these (outlining a fading Nokia logo and lines across the screen occasionally) always end up in a flashing of firmware. As you said, its usually caused by a problematic application that interferes with the bootup process. The only advice I can offer here is to stay clear of cracked applications which are often the culprit for this kind of problem.
I had the same problem and after trying and trying and trying with the safe mode booting I was able to boot it up then format the damn thing without flashing, I guess its just some luck and knowing when to stop.