All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-04-2007, 06:17 AM

kanchikaul is on a distinguished road
sms transfer from n70 to n95

how do i transfer my messages from my n70 to the n95
the pc suite doesnt do it,nor does the life blog.will a card reader help...pls help me..i dnt wanna lose my messages

Old 19-04-2007, 09:02 AM

EndOfEverything is on a distinguished road
Hey!

I just had a similar panic with getting my texts (TONS...almost 2000!) from my N93 to my shiny new N95.

Not sure if this will work the same on the N70, but give it a bash....

Turn on Bluetooth in both phones

Go to the "Transfer" application in the "Tools" folder

Select the "Transfer Data" option

The phone (whichever one you opened the application in) will now search for the other phone.

Select the phone you want from the detected devices.

Transfer application will now ask you which data you want to transer and will bring up a list including Contacts, Images, Calender and TEXT MESSAGES

Select TEXT MESSAGES and the phones will sync the data to the other phone (in this case your new N95!)...voila!

The only point I would make is remember to switch the storage option in the text messaging "General" menu to your memory card if you have a LOT of texts to transfer! Otherwise your phone may be sluggish over time and from experience (unless you have another phone with which to sync the texts back and forth to) it's a royal pain trying to back them up to an inserted memory card at a later date. In other words...if you want them on your memory card...do it NOW, cos you may not get another chance...!

Hope this has helped..as it is my first post!

SID

Old 10-09-2009, 07:41 PM

boogieindubai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfEverything View Post
Hey!

I just had a similar panic with getting my texts (TONS...almost 2000!) from my N93 to my shiny new N95.

Not sure if this will work the same on the N70, but give it a bash....

Turn on Bluetooth in both phones

Go to the "Transfer" application in the "Tools" folder

Select the "Transfer Data" option

The phone (whichever one you opened the application in) will now search for the other phone.

Select the phone you want from the detected devices.

Transfer application will now ask you which data you want to transer and will bring up a list including Contacts, Images, Calender and TEXT MESSAGES

Select TEXT MESSAGES and the phones will sync the data to the other phone (in this case your new N95!)...voila!

The only point I would make is remember to switch the storage option in the text messaging "General" menu to your memory card if you have a LOT of texts to transfer! Otherwise your phone may be sluggish over time and from experience (unless you have another phone with which to sync the texts back and forth to) it's a royal pain trying to back them up to an inserted memory card at a later date. In other words...if you want them on your memory card...do it NOW, cos you may not get another chance...!

Hope this has helped..as it is my first post!

SID
I was desperately looking for a way that would help me transfer teh 400+ saved SMS from my N95 to N85.

I was able to transfer the messages in less than 30 seconds using the "phone switch" application that came pre-installed on both the n95 and n85!

YAY

O
Ads

Old 19-09-2009, 05:29 AM

Liam548 is on a distinguished road
they dont do MMS though do they, Nokia need to sort this.