All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-07-2005, 11:04 AM

felixgr is on a distinguished road
9300 calendar sync hard problem

hi all!, great forum!

My boss have a 9300 nokia, and everythings works fine until the last weeks, this mean, he syncronized calendar and contacts with Outlook using USB cable without problems.

But one day, it sync start to fail. I call Nokia tech service and I did this steps:
-update PC Suite to 6.6, ok
-deactivate firewalls
since the problems persists I
-format the 9300
-recover calendar from backup
-try to sync... and sync stop at 231 of 425 itemsl....
Nokia tech told me that probably, there is something corrupted in the calendar, and, I must format the 9300 and start from the scratch, losting all the calendar entries.

Since tech services somethings doesn't know ALL the solutions, I ask here for you knowledge.

Do you have some ideas on what to do to not lost all the calendar?
How can I locate the bad entry in the calendar?
There is any other PC calendar reader? there is software who can read the calendar file that i have copied to the PC? (using nokia content copier)

Please, help
thank you
Ads

Old 28-07-2005, 11:54 AM

andygrunt is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Can't answer what the problem is but I can tell you there's a PC based emulator that could open the calendar file on a PC.

You'd have to download the whole SDK which contains a load of development crap but it may be a good last resort.

The emulator/SDK is available here.

Andy.

Last edited by andygrunt; 28-07-2005 at 05:51 PM.

Old 31-07-2005, 11:41 AM
manta

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixgr
hi all!, great forum!

My boss have a 9300 nokia, and everythings works fine until the last weeks, this mean, he syncronized calendar and contacts with Outlook using USB cable without problems.

But one day, it sync start to fail. I call Nokia tech service and I did this steps:
-update PC Suite to 6.6, ok
-deactivate firewalls
since the problems persists I
-format the 9300
-recover calendar from backup
-try to sync... and sync stop at 231 of 425 itemsl....
Nokia tech told me that probably, there is something corrupted in the calendar, and, I must format the 9300 and start from the scratch, losting all the calendar entries.

Since tech services somethings doesn't know ALL the solutions, I ask here for you knowledge.

Do you have some ideas on what to do to not lost all the calendar?
How can I locate the bad entry in the calendar?
There is any other PC calendar reader? there is software who can read the calendar file that i have copied to the PC? (using nokia content copier)

Please, help
thank you

Try creating a new sync profile for your phone (ON PC SYNC SIDE, not in phone). Open PC Sync, click on "settings", click on "create new configuration", select ONLY calendar and try to sync. If does not help, try making the sync period shorter, that might help you to identify the corrupted calendar item.

NOTE: I hope you have all the calendar events in Outlook, so what you try to do is to move the calendar data from Outlook to phone ? Because if you have Outlook OK, then do not use the backup from PC, rather let the phone be "empty" and just sync the data from Outlook to phone.

Old 13-08-2005, 03:58 PM

TheSpecialBoy is on a distinguished road
More secure before format will be to save your calendar to mmc or c drive and then copy it to the pc. Look under menu, more optons in the calendar....
Then format the device and impot backall the calendar items.

Old 22-08-2005, 03:21 PM

asar is on a distinguished road
MS Outlook Synch

After 3 to 4 synchronizations with my new 9300 two weeks ago week, i started to get persistent synch failure errors on my phone. I could not synch my phone with my notebook outlook.

I am planning to upgrade my cellphone sofware to 5.XX

But just tonight, I was finally able to synch by just using the contacts checked, then uncheked contacts and synch my calendar after. I guess there is just too many data to synch when both are checked and especailly when the time period configured for the calendar is 1 year timeframe or more.

Just the same i will upgarde my software and see if there will be no problems in the future. I just have to back-up all date to the MMC before the upgrade.
Edit/Delete Message