All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-01-2007, 08:40 AM

jim115 is on a distinguished road
media player problems

since owning my n80 the media player sometimes stops playing.the problem is intermitant sometimes as low as 5 mins,sometimes as much as 3 hours.the only way to cure problem is to exit and restart ! also i can not FF or RW ! the media player IMO is crap ! I have tried OGG and that just bombs as well ! S-AMP wont even install and i am not paying for a media player when i paid 300 for the phone ! Does anyone else have these problems i have done a search on various forums and google and have even e-mailed Nokia but with no response from them ! any help would be gratefully recieved
Ads

Old 08-01-2007, 10:24 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim115
since owning my n80 the media player sometimes stops playing.the problem is intermitant sometimes as low as 5 mins,sometimes as much as 3 hours.the only way to cure problem is to exit and restart ! also i can not FF or RW ! the media player IMO is crap ! I have tried OGG and that just bombs as well ! S-AMP wont even install and i am not paying for a media player when i paid 300 for the phone ! Does anyone else have these problems i have done a search on various forums and google and have even e-mailed Nokia but with no response from them ! any help would be gratefully recieved
What firmware do you have...some fixes were made in later firmware

*#0000# to get your firmware

Old 08-01-2007, 11:07 AM

jim115 is on a distinguished road
hi,
V 4.0623.0.42 which i believe is the latest one,it also did it on V4.0623.0.41 and V 3.whatever it was when i purchased the phone ! i should have said it also does this on my wifes phone which is on the same firmware.
the only thing i have not done is re-format my phone because even though i have backed up my phone to my memory card and pc, my previous symbian phones a nokia 6600 and a SE P910i would not restore applications properly and dont trust backup to work properly (please correct me if i am wrong)BTW my music is in M4A format dont know if this makes a difference?
thanks for your quick response

Old 08-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
dont have any problems with my media player at all... maybe theres some issues with the kind of files your playing or maybe theres just a software problem with the media player??

Are they all .3gp .mp3 etc files?? Or do you have anything on your phone that the player might try to play that would make it bomb?!