All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-04-2007, 12:01 AM

livfc is on a distinguished road
Connecting N95 in Media Player mode in Vista

I have tried in vein without success to connect up my N95 in Media Player mode in Windows Vista (WMP 11). I keep getting the message that installing the MTP device failed. It also reports that the phone is connected in an incompatible mode.

I have tried installing and re-installing the WMP driver that came with the CD, reinstalling PC suite and even formatted my machine and connecting the device straight away without any drivers installed. I have also tried connecting in all modes when prompted on when connecting the USB cable.

PC Suite mode seems to work fine and I can happily use all functions assocoated with that mode.

Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers.
Ads

Old 21-04-2007, 09:44 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Smile I've had a play with this & vista .. notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by livfc View Post
I have tried in vein without success to connect up my N95 in Media Player mode in Windows Vista (WMP 11). I keep getting the message that installing the MTP device failed. It also reports that the phone is connected in an incompatible mode.

I have tried installing and re-installing the WMP driver that came with the CD, reinstalling PC suite and even formatted my machine and connecting the device straight away without any drivers installed. I have also tried connecting in all modes when prompted on when connecting the USB cable.

PC Suite mode seems to work fine and I can happily use all functions assocoated with that mode.

Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers.
I have tried in vein without success to connect up my N95 in Media Player mode in Windows Vista (WMP 11).

I tried with Vista & MP11 .. sync works .. in this mode you can't directly play off the N95 store.(ie SD card / phone memory)

I keep getting the message that installing the MTP device failed.
This is your issue .. mine installed the drivers ok ..

It also reports that the phone is connected in an incompatible mode.
This looks like the PC Suite .. which is fair enough because it can't do any transfers when you're running in a "dedicated" mode for WMP.
the "code" can't really call it an "error code" says something like
"port_#0002.hub_#0003 connected in incompatible mode."

I have tried installing and re-installing the WMP driver that came with the CD, reinstalling PC suite and even formatted my machine and connecting the device straight away without any drivers installed.

well there is an updated version of the software - check your local version of this
http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,15...orig=/pcsuite/

it reportedly offers this!
* New version of Nokia Content Copier lets you select the content types you want to back up and restore
* Notification when new phone software (firmware) updates are available
* Support for Windows Vista added
* Released 10 April 2007

so try that and let us know how you got on.

Old 22-04-2007, 08:23 PM

livfc is on a distinguished road
Hi Seki,

Thanks for your response. I have indeed installed the latest version of PC suite but unfortunately this has made no difference. I tried formatting my computer and connecting the phone, as suggested in this thread: http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/showthread.php?p=300524 but it this has also not solved my problem. Im wondering if there is a problem with the profile that my N95 goes to when I select Media Player mode.

I have a Napster subscription so Im really keen to get this working, however so far I have had no success with all the things that I have tried.

Would be grateful for any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Matt