All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-08-2006, 04:17 AM

btz2 is on a distinguished road
Stream XM Radio off MusicDock.com?

Hello all. New owner of an N80 in the US and long time reader of the forum.

I have been exploring the wonderful web browser, but have hit a snag I can't seem to overcome. I am trying to stream XM radio off www.minixm.com (which is now www.musicdock.com). You have to have an XM radio account to log in, and it lets you stream their stations to the phone. This site works great with my friend's Motorola Q which has Windows Media Player. You simply select a station on musicdock.com and it launches WMP and streams it. I can't figure out how to do the same with RealPlayer (if it is even possible).

Any input guys and gals? I searched the forums and couldn't turn up any info. Thanks much!

Old 14-08-2006, 09:35 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by btz2
Hello all. New owner of an N80 in the US and long time reader of the forum.

I have been exploring the wonderful web browser, but have hit a snag I can't seem to overcome. I am trying to stream XM radio off www.minixm.com (which is now www.musicdock.com). You have to have an XM radio account to log in, and it lets you stream their stations to the phone. This site works great with my friend's Motorola Q which has Windows Media Player. You simply select a station on musicdock.com and it launches WMP and streams it. I can't figure out how to do the same with RealPlayer (if it is even possible).

Any input guys and gals? I searched the forums and couldn't turn up any info. Thanks much!
First of all make sure you have the latest firmware because there was a problem with streaming with realplayer and the old firmware

*#0000# latest is v3.0617.0.6

Secondly you have to go into realplayer option > settings > connection > network and set the default access point to your network you are using. for some reason this isnt done automatically everytime you use a different network and has to be set each time.

One other thing, if the stream is embedded in the website then you will probably not be able to stream it.

Give it a go and let me know if it works, I couldnt test it because I dont have an account.

Last edited by Cash; 14-08-2006 at 09:41 AM.

Old 15-08-2006, 06:55 AM

btz2 is on a distinguished road
No go. I have the newest firmware and changed the settings in Real Player. It says on the web site that you need Windows Media Player to stream, so maybe this isn't possible. Anyone know of an alternative way to get XM on the N80? Is there a 3rd party program or some other media player?

Old 07-02-2007, 04:31 AM

juice21 is on a distinguished road
I am having the same problems, I want to stream Sirius Satellite Radio and I emailed Sirius and they basically said that I need Windows Media Player, does anyone know of an alternative solution?
Ads