All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N95 and N95 8GB

Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM

info@k9force.ne is on a distinguished road
Hmm, ok yes I was using the latest NSU, I finally got it done & then lost all my short cuts? I went to settings etc, no luck so tried a hard reset. Now it says phone failed to start, contact retailer?

Old 10-05-2008, 11:16 PM

Newb777 is on a distinguished road
Garmin Maps and the N95

Can you download Garmin maps onto the N95 w/internal 8 GB memory after obtaining the Garmin maps on the web? Or is this restricted to only N95's with a card slot?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 AM

RogerPodacter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newb777 View Post
Can you download Garmin maps onto the N95 w/internal 8 GB memory after obtaining the Garmin maps on the web? Or is this restricted to only N95's with a card slot?
You can but you have to use a hack which is not talked about here. Basically i owned garmin then upgraded to the n95 8gb so i used it since i already had garmin.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:08 PM

Newb777 is on a distinguished road
Thanks, I am aware of the "hack" but i didn't think it would work on the units without an external card slot.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:18 PM

KenBruce is on a distinguished road
I am having a big problem pairing my N95 (with 8gb card) with a TomTom 920. When I first had them they paired with each other fine and I was able to download data onto my TomTom with absolutely no problem at all. I could walk away with the N95 out of range of the TT and upon return the connection would be restored automatically. Now I can't even get them to pair for handsfree let alone Data Connections.

I've tried putting my SIM card back into my old N70 and it works OK with the TT so I'm guessing that the problem is with the 95. The problem seemed to get worse gradually as each time I attempted to pair it took more attempts to get it right.

Is there any way of flushing the BT registers of all previous pairings so that when you search for a new Paired Device it does not come up with the names of previous pairings (even though I deleted them ages ago). I don't really want to do a 'format' as it means I will have to reload three programmes etc

Old 12-05-2008, 06:43 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBruce View Post
I am having a big problem pairing my N95 (with 8gb card) with a TomTom 920. When I first had them they paired with each other fine and I was able to download data onto my TomTom with absolutely no problem at all. I could walk away with the N95 out of range of the TT and upon return the connection would be restored automatically. Now I can't even get them to pair for handsfree let alone Data Connections.

I've tried putting my SIM card back into my old N70 and it works OK with the TT so I'm guessing that the problem is with the 95. The problem seemed to get worse gradually as each time I attempted to pair it took more attempts to get it right.

Is there any way of flushing the BT registers of all previous pairings so that when you search for a new Paired Device it does not come up with the names of previous pairings (even though I deleted them ages ago). I don't really want to do a 'format' as it means I will have to reload three programmes etc

You should be able to simply delete pairings on both devices.
If this doesn't work, you could try formatting the N95 internal memory with *#7370# (but be warned all your contacts etc) will be lost unless you Synchronise with PC Suite first.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:58 AM

KenBruce is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the quick reply but that doesn't answer my question. I know how to delete the pairing.
I asked how can I delete the list of PREVIOUS pairings which comes up when I look for another BT device?

Old 14-05-2008, 07:26 AM

EntraVenuS is on a distinguished road
Sms And Call Logs

Please can anyone help, is it possable with Or without 3rd party software to delete individual sms/call logs? this is a big problem for a lot of users please help. thanks in advance!!!

Old 21-05-2008, 09:59 PM

Raghavendra is on a distinguished road
hey ive got a N95 Classic and my current firmware details are
v20.0.015
13-11-07
RM-159

When i searched for the new firmware on the NSU i was told there wasnt any update available ?? what might be the problem ? And i'm kinda a new bie regarding the whole "product code" thing i didnt change any such thing is that the reason or something else.. nyhelp would be appreciated ..

Old 25-05-2008, 04:08 PM

qmotion is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I am thinking about buying a Nokia N95 next week. But I don't know if I should get internet with it. I was wondering if you need internet to access and use the built-in GPS function? and for what other applications do you need internet, except the internet browser of course.

Old 25-05-2008, 04:22 PM

ironass is on a distinguished road
The GPS does not have to use data but to use it properly with Assisted Positioning it will need to use a small amount of data each time to get and maintain a fast lock. There are loads of applications, both built in and 3rd party that may require data to be loaded. My advice would be to get a data plan to begin with and see how you go.

Old 27-05-2008, 03:46 AM

yogarip is on a distinguished road
Question newbie

i there.
i've just bought a n95 8gb and i'm from portugal.
i would like to change my nokia's theme and i've already downloaded a few but they all seem to install but not start working!!!
do you know why???
i've also downloaded the nokia maps software to my mobile but when it finnishes instaling it appears an error and doesn't get instaled. and because of that i can't get any maps on my nokia and the gps doesn't work.
i don't know much about mobile's and mobile's softwares, so that's why i came to you, it looks like you understand a lot of this and have been able to help ppl before, so i really hope you can help me too.
thanks a lot.
Ads

Old 02-06-2008, 02:54 AM

shyntaxx is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Could You Check This Out ...

Could You Check This Out And Make Some Suggesitons Pleadse !

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...359#post379359

Old 02-06-2008, 10:17 AM

krzych is on a distinguished road
Filetypes

I have app which changed txt filetype to be opened by itself but I want it to be opened by original Nokia software. Where can I change filetype application or how to do it with which software if Nokias cant?

K.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:21 AM

newn95user is on a distinguished road
auto delete of sent sms messages.

Hi there,

I'm hoping you can answer my question. I have google and looked around a bit but can't find anything.

I have a Nokia N95 8 GB and i have about 190 rec'd sms messages but never mroe than 20 in my sent items. It seems to be writing over the oldest with the newest with a max of 20. This is particularly annoying as i have lost many sms's and have been keeping them all with LifeBlog but if i don't update to the PC before receiving 20 msgs (which doesn't take long) I lose them forever!!!

There must be a way to change that function and why would it even be on by default??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy