All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-08-2007, 09:31 PM

we-are-borg is on a distinguished road
Real Player and Nokia Video Manager

I just used Nokia Media Manager on the PC to convert a 700MB xvid file to a compatible E90 mp4 format. I was expecting great things.
However when I opened real player to play the resulting file (236MB) which Media Manager converted to a 626x272 resolution/300 Bitrate movie.. sync was a mess and it kept hanging every 20 seconds or so. The processor looked like it couldn't handle it? Very surprising and disappointing... Am I missing something?

Firmware:
V 07.24.0.3
12-06-2007
RA-6
Nokia E90 01

Is this a real player issue, video issue, codec issue, media manager issue, E90 issue or (probably) a combo of the above?

Anyone with similar experiences?

Cheers

Last edited by we-are-borg; 16-08-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: correct thread title to 'Video' manager instead of 'Media' manager

Old 15-08-2007, 10:57 PM

khoolhandz is on a distinguished road
I can watch a 2-hour clip on my e90 without any problem. I use ImToo 3gp converter.

Old 16-08-2007, 08:50 AM

TheSpecialBoy is on a distinguished road
no problems here with 100 Mb movie.

Might be the running programs resident in e90 memory?

Try using task switcher - press the menu button long on qwerty side and close all running programs.

Or reconvert another movie..

Old 16-08-2007, 10:12 AM

we-are-borg is on a distinguished road
I've made sure to close all running programs before loading a movie despite the E90's available ram. That was my first theory. I even restarted it to flush out anything I couldn't see etc.
Guess I'll encode another movie.. or have a look at the free divx player and transcode the existing divx file in Super or Vdub or something.. more work though!
It looked like the E90 couldn't encode it fast enough on the device tbh at res and bitrate automatically selected by Nokias Video manager.
As a matter of interest, what is the resolution and bitrate of your successful movies?
Thanks for your help!

Old 17-08-2007, 07:18 AM

tenor is on a distinguished road
Hi Khoolhandz,

I tried Iamtoo.3gp trial and it was a breeze in converting and playing on the E90. Thaks for your tip.

I have one question though - in converting the whole movie, do you convert each VTS one at a time ? If so, the movie will be broken up into different files (?). When I open the drive , the movie shows different files.

Thanks for your help.
Ads