All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-05-2007, 08:07 PM

lakeywhite is on a distinguished road
Question New phone, apps on SD card won't install?

Well, after recieving my phone from orange and waiting for the initial first charge (probably not needed these days), registering my new sim, I switched on the phone and the automatic install of the apps, music and themes from the micro sd card started. After a few minutes it stopped with an error message that some apps couldn't be installed and to consult the app manager.
Looking at the log:

installed
Tomb Raider Legends Demo
SMS Accelerator
Photography
Theme 3
Theme 2

not installed
Swflaunch
Spanish.sis
snakes60.sisx
Silvia-Italian
Portuguese.sis
Nicole-German
Marie-French
Lara-SpanishItalian.sis
Isabel-Portuguese
Ingrid-Dutch
GrooveLabrynth
German.sis
French.sis
Feeds.sisx
English(UK).sis
Ellen-English
Dutch.sis
Catalogs_3.0
AdobeReader

Is there any reason why this has happened? I haven't played with the firmware it is a virgin phone. I don't need most of the languge packs but Groove Labrynth and Snake!!!! What am I going to do with out them?
What are the sisx files? Is know sis but not sisx.
Also which apps are Orange only as I won't be able to get them again if I have have to reformat something. Are the install files auto deleted after install?

Also music mp4 files on the card won't play, is this because of a codec needed that hasn't attempted to install yet or a fault?

Last edited by lakeywhite; 03-05-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Ads

Old 19-05-2007, 05:21 AM

lakeywhite is on a distinguished road
OK, update time.

All the apps on the card that were not installing were not full files, possibly just the reminants after thay had been installed already, which leads me to think that it wasn't a brand new phone.

What I have done is downloaded the language packs from the nokia site, and searched the web for the other files. I placed them on the memory card in the ../private/10202dce/ folder, overwriting the ones that were already there and turned the phone on again. this time most of them installed.

What hasn't installed with this method is:
AdobeReader.sis (from the adobe site)
Catalogs_3.....sis (the latest from the Nokia site)
But I know that I can install these via bluetooth.

I can't find feeds.sisx, I think this must be an Orange application so I can't get it again (also Tomb Raider and Photography seem to be but they installed first time anyway)

BrowserNG was not on the Orange SD card but I have found it and will try it, also I have yet to try swflaunch_sudoko that I have found, so those i will try next.

If any one can help me with feeds.sisx that would be great or even just tellme what it should do?

I have not had any luck playing the m4a music files that Orange provided and I do not know if there was supposed to be a codec installed.
Also does anyone know what all the other files on the card do? (the ones numbered with an .r** extension for example.)

Last edited by lakeywhite; 19-05-2007 at 05:36 AM.