All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 AM

SpeTz is on a distinguished road
It will be interersting to see what v11 will do.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:28 PM

mauikek is on a distinguished road
New Firmware for Nokia N86

Hi..
New Firmware for Nokia N86
http://www.symbianplanet.net/2009/07...kia-n8611-043/

Old 06-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Xenon flash?

why xenon flash are so rare even on the flagship nseries models???

i have high hopes nokia will provide...

Go nokia.. i'm a certified nokia loyal..

thanks!

Old 06-07-2009, 04:42 PM

JohnnyN is on a distinguished road
I don't see how Nokia has "dropped the ball" to be honest No one manufacturer constantly releases cutting edge devices, plus sales of the 5800XM and the E71 show that they are far from finished.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:48 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyN View Post
I don't see how Nokia has "dropped the ball" to be honest No one manufacturer constantly releases cutting edge devices, plus sales of the 5800XM and the E71 show that they are far from finished.
Its good to see from the posts that people are getting more realistic. Rather than everyone just demanding the earth everytime a new phone is released...

Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't see how Nokia has "dropped the ball"
If you have a flagship and hype it to death for months - don't use two-year old technology .... and try and use a modern screen.

Somebody needs to beat Nokia with a clue stick.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM

JohnnyN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have a flagship and hype it to death for months - don't use two-year old technology .... and try and use a modern screen.
Well, if that's your reasoning, Apple should have never have even bothered entering the mobile phone market.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Nokia

Nokia used to be the Top Producer of top class mobiles but nowdays letting all its uses down,the N73 an the N95s were Top Class but since then the N96 ,N85 an N86 have just shown they are more bothered about competing an winning the Mid-Range mobile Market,What as happened at Nokia is totally unbelievable even LG are Embarassing Nokia ,an hope something happens at Nokia soon to release more Top Class mobiles to put them back at the Top of the Market not the Bottom which they are now
Ads

Old 10-07-2009, 06:02 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up flash/navigation etc

Never seen the xenon flash in action, but the dual LEDs have awesome power, great for using as a torch, and funny to see the video afterwards, wonder why no torch application is available, as it is definetly a great torch, even 30 meters away seems clear!

Great Gps device too, although as I am traveling to Japan, pitty nokia dont produce a slightly better map of it! the compass works great too! and rotates the map as you walk. def recomend this phone, it does everything that I need it for.
cheers Larry

Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 PM

morpheus2702 is on a distinguished road
after a play with the n86 this afternoon, have to say it's the best phone to come out of Nokia this year. Not a complement, just my point of view.

But the OLED screen - couldn't say I noticed any difference between that and the regular Nokia screens - checked the brightness was full up, left thinking 'hmm, and so what?' granted I've not had any other OLED or AM-OLED screens to compare to see if my eyes are failing me or the difference has been over-hyped?

Last edited by morpheus2702; 12-07-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Old 16-07-2009, 04:16 PM
max211

Unhappy

Hi..
I've got problems after only 5 days owning this N86. My camera won't open its shutter after i opened the external slider. It supposed to open automatically and launch the camera function. And now, it will suddenly activate itself even though I do nothing to the phone. The GPS also sometimes took very long time to lock, (i use E66 & 5800 as comparisons). I will send it for repair but nevertheless, it is so frustrating to have this problem so early on a new device. I never drop it or such.

Btw, anyone know how to set the limit of sent messages to unlimited (like the one in the E66) ? Now it will only display about 20 sent messages.

Thanks.

Old 28-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Angry camera window

My camera window protector worked for about 3 times and then just stopped now i have to open and close is physically. I am not letting go of my phone for a month so they can return it to me in possibly worse condition. So just thought i would mention your phone is not the only one with that defect