All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro announced

At a pre-MWC press event, Sony Ericsson has announced the Vivaz Pro, essentially a slightly chunkier Vivaz with sliding qwerty keyboard. Other specs remain the same, with 3.2" resistive touchscreen and it runs Symbian OS, though the exact version isn't clear yet. Rafe's at the event and we're hoping to get more details shortly.

Read on in the full article.

Old 14-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Hmmm.....Processor: 720 MHz, it will be interesting to see how that performs. 109x52x15 is roughly N97 mini size but with a higher spec.

Old 14-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

I thought the processor was the same as the one in the i8910, that runs on 600Mhz. It is possible to overclock it to 720Mhz?

Old 14-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

timsalmon is on a distinguished road
That looks awful - looks like a toy Samsung feature-phone. I'm sure it's capable with 5th edition onboard but the keyboard just looks like an old design which would have popped up in a failed HTC device from 2005. As always, willing to be proved wrong!

Old 14-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Looks very interesting!

Don't get me wrong, I like my N97 quite a lot, but the CPU and lack of gfx accellerator is a shame.

If the QWERTY keypad on this new Vivaz Pro is good, I'll seriously consider upgrading to this. Love the specs and the looks :-)
Ads

Old 15-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Paya

Phone memory: Up to 75 MB

Phone memory: Up to 75 MB sounds suspiciously low, what is that? C:\ space? Otherwise very good specs, should make a dent into N97/N97mini sales if price is set right.

Too bad it wasn't here a year ago!

Old 15-02-2010, 03:02 AM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
heres a hands on with Rafe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noMq-EgWIkg&feature=sub
i have to say this device is a impressive piece of kit anyone who thinks this device is outdated must of been smoking something

Old 15-02-2010, 05:03 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
On the querty keyboard, whats that blue square on the bottom left corner?

Old 15-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Unregistered

Very nice phone!
The blue square is "Fn".

Old 15-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

cpu detail

Vivaz / Pro are based on the OMAP 3630 the Satio (Idou) was OMAP 3430 based hence the clock speed differential. The newer SoC is faster and more power efficient and is manufactured in a 45nm process versus 65nm for the older sibling.

Old 15-02-2010, 08:09 PM

atangy is on a distinguished road
Nokia so need to release a slim QWERTY E Series slider similar to the Vivas Pro's form factor.
I know there is the N97/N97 mini, but there is a gap there for a enterprise version with built in MS Office editors and no tilting screen

Old 24-02-2010, 12:40 PM

annu kumar is on a distinguished road
Red face Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro announced

Sony Ericsson Vivaz pro is an upcoming phone in India. It will be introduced at least six months in market. Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro expensive device from Sony which has TFT touchscreen which supports 16M colors. The size of the phone is 3.2 inches, having capacity to cover 360 x 640 pixels. The weight of the phone is just 117g making it a heavy handset and the dimensions are in the figures of 109 x 52 x 15 mm giving the display screen a huge look. Keeping the size and dimensions of the phone in mind, it is not favourable for feminine group as it would be too uncomfortable for them to carry such a huge handset. The device has some beautiful advantages like QWERTY keyboard, Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, Full QWERTY keyboard and Scratch-resistant surface. The gadget comes in two basic colors viz Black and White. The most attracting feature of the device is definitely the sheen and the luster it has.

Old 22-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Conversations options

Can anyone tell me what the option for "conversation" does on the vivaz? Does it work like the Blackberry Messenger? Thanks