All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-05-2007, 06:13 PM

oladunk is on a distinguished road
Applications dissappears after changing to bigger memory card

I used to have a 512 Mb memory card. I invested in a 2 Gb card. I copied everything from the 512 card to my PC. I put it all back on the new 2 Gb card through a file-explorer on the PC. I fired it up and expected everything to be as normal but with just more space to spare than before.
But unfortunately this was not the case. Some applications "disappeared" from the phone, and I guess this was the ones installed on the card.
What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? (I have a feeling that the error is similar to PC that if we change the systemdisk we still have to reinstall the applications to build the registry, or maybe there are hidden files that I have not managed to copy?).

Oladunk

Old 30-05-2007, 06:33 PM

oladunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oladunk View Post
I used to have a 512 Mb memory card. I invested in a 2 Gb card. I copied everything from the 512 card to my PC. I put it all back on the new 2 Gb card through a file-explorer on the PC. I fired it up and expected everything to be as normal but with just more space to spare than before.
But unfortunately this was not the case. Some applications "disappeared" from the phone, and I guess this was the ones installed on the card.
What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? (I have a feeling that the error is similar to PC that if we change the systemdisk we still have to reinstall the applications to build the registry, or maybe there are hidden files that I have not managed to copy?).

Oladunk
Well, I guess there's no surprise that the mistake I made was that I had not copied the hidden "system" and "backup" folders.

Oladunk
Ads