All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 26-01-2009, 12:10 PM

sapporobaby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusi View Post

My key gripes, and ones which I hope Nokia will overcome fast are: Confusing OVI client, and no recognition of the 5800 on Ovi.com at all, you simply can't register the phone (i.e. 5800) on it.
Not completely true. If you were over in the Nokia discussions, someone found a way to get your phone to work with Ovi as does mine. It is not the official way, but it works and syncs with Ovi. Still all in all Apple kicked Nokia's butt with the lauching of a service. Nokia was completely stupid with this.
Ads

Old 26-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone confirm a release date of the 5800XM Comes with Music variant?

Also, will it be possible to purchase a CWM subscription on its own?

Old 26-01-2009, 11:59 PM

rottie is on a distinguished road
Ok, I'm a big fan of Nokia phones, hate Iphone etc. But for me 5800 is one big dissapointment!
I was waiting for this phone for months since I played with it at the Smartphone Show. I was hoping for it to replace my N95.

And I got rid of it after two days! It's totally infuriating when internet browsing using fingers. Everything is so bloody complicated because of lack of buttons, they should've left navi pad with C and OK and everything would be so much easier! And the thing was squeeking since day one!

But because I bought it as one of first hundred people in London I made a great deal anyway:

I bought a phone for 249. That came with an extra headset and two tickets two Benissim festival worth around 400 !

After massive dissapointment I went today to CEX which offered 289 exchange value for the 5800 (!) and 20 for the headset. So that's 309 value of CEX credit, for which I got myself a mint unlocked (they haven't realised it was unlocked, hence the price) E71 for...180!

So for 249 I got:
Mint E71
129 worth of CEX credit ( need a new harddrive)
2 tickets to the festival worth 400

I'm one happy ex5800 owner!