All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Unregistered 1

A couple of Quick Qs

I just got this phone yesterday, and part of me loves i and there is another part that is disappointted with thingss missing that are normally signiture for all Nokia models. But I understand that this is a different approach compaired to most of their phones, so here are the things I have noticed in the past few hours that I would like help with (if possible)...

The Auto key lock feature has already been mentioned on here but If anyone has futher advice on how to fix this let me know.
It is rather annoying when someone calls you and you slide the phone closed and
the keys are no longer locked.

I travel often and have about 5-9 different SIM cards, I dont always want all those contacts saved on the phone, I understand I can still use them without loading them on the phone, but it is not as easy to use, and calls from these numbers will still show up only as numbers and not names, unless you move them into the phone's memory. Is there a possible solution to this or a way of the phone reading directly off the sims memory?

Also as trival as it sounds Smiley faces are a good thing. And so simple. Why were they removed. Sometimes it is easier to respond to a SMS with just a smile, I dont know why this function is not there. If anyone knows of a place to load them please post it...

Text Messaging seems more difficult, before I had the Nokia 7370 and the sms was so easy. I had a recent contact list that I could go right into, So far I have had to go into my full contact list everytime and fish out the number I want and If that number on my SIM and not loaded into the phones memory it is even more difficult.
I Will add that the wifi and web functions on this phone are truely remarkable though and I have been very impressed. I am just a little disappointed that the ease of use Nokia is known for is getting harder and more complicated. For the most part it is still very easy to use but functions that use to be a one button tap have turned into 3-5 buttons, and for no real reason.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Will this e65 work with VerizonWireless?

Old 30-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Avigail

Question Profile timer

Hello and thanks for the review. Do you know how I can time my 'silent' profile on the E65? My old Nokia had that option but this one doesn't seem to have it. I was wondering if there is a software that I can download for this. My computer is a mac?

Old 30-07-2007, 08:03 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avigail View Post
Hello and thanks for the review. Do you know how I can time my 'silent' profile on the E65? My old Nokia had that option but this one doesn't seem to have it. I was wondering if there is a software that I can download for this. My computer is a mac?
Only with third part software, like Smart Profiles. It can be download from this same site - software section - but is a pay one!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Unregistered

downloading

can any body tell me how to down load videos from pc to the nokia e65 phone i have tried all sorts of things but cannot do it

Old 29-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

It does not seem to notify me when I have missed calls. Does anybody know how to solve this.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Den22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It does not seem to notify me when I have missed calls. Does anybody know how to solve this.
If you go here, you can show missed calls, sms, emails, etc.

Menu->Tools->Settings->Phone->Standby Mode->Active standby plug-ins

Old 11-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

upgrading os

Hello, not quite sure if this is the correct forum to post this under but is it possible to upgrade the os (9.1) to the more stable 9.2?

Old 23-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Unregistered

best Handy Smart Phone

Mobile Phone cant be replaced for digital camera and lap top.. This is surely a great product who loves a handy mobile which has all 3G featuers including net calls.. I tried it with SIP profile and awesome !!!

Anoop

cresento in yahoo

Old 06-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Sousuke

Talking E65

Ive just ordered the E65 on O2, i did want the iphone bt it was too expensive so i went witht the next best thing.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Angry

Worst Nokia i have ever had. Doesnt pick up signal and is basically falling apart. Dont buy. Nokia, sort it out!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

this phone is crap!!!!

Old 27-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

awful phone

garbage phone, it just rebooted itself than whilst i was writing a message.
the first one i had broke down within 2 weeks, (turning itself off several times a day, often midst function, calls getting cut off)
it was replaced for free, since that it hasnt been as revolting a phone, but as people have mentioned the software lags like there is no tomorrow. so everything is VERY slow,

most of the functions ar not of particular use unless you use it as a phone for business, in which case i feel sorry for you because the lack of usabilty and reliability of the phone would have a much greater impact on you.

the camera is very very average despite the 2megapix camera and over the last 2 months or so my phone has learnt a brand new trick of destroying the image that was taken and replacing it with a nice shade of opaque BLACK. so if you use it for taking any photos get them off the phone as soon as you can, and it seems to do this in a fairly random manner, so it just destroys whichever photo it likes and it done this to many photos

all in all i had another non nokia phone and that lasted me well without a hitch for about 2 years before it played up AT ALL

i went back to nokia on this phone because i had great expierience with early nokia models, 8350 i think it was, they tried to make it fancy and created something that isnt worth using

Old 05-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Does the VOIP function wor with Skype?

Old 06-07-2008, 05:02 AM
Unregistered

e 65

does not play mp3 in a good way
Ads