All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-06-2009, 09:49 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer iGO Stowaway BT Keyboards

If like me you have a Stowaway BT keyboard .. you will probably need to re-download/install the drivers (it doesn't seem that the N97 has them built in gee I wonder why!?)

http://corporate.igo.com/support/Dow...20OS9%20En.zip

After installation the Stwy should appear in Applications .. open it and enable BT .. then put the keyboard in discovery mode .. Ctrl and both Fn buttons .. stick in a pass-code on the phone .. type the same code on the keyboard and blue Fn + enter .. you should see it happily spring to life!

I'm happy to report that you can enjoy the full typing speed that this Keyboard will give you on the N97 .. I'm assuming it will work for 5800 & Omnia i8910 too.

Cross posted for you 5800 folk

Old 11-07-2009, 11:47 PM

vehicular is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seki View Post
If like me you have a Stowaway BT keyboard .. you will probably need to re-download/install the drivers (it doesn't seem that the N97 has them built in gee I wonder why!?)

http://corporate.igo.com/support/Dow...20OS9%20En.zip

After installation the Stwy should appear in Applications .. open it and enable BT .. then put the keyboard in discovery mode .. Ctrl and both Fn buttons .. stick in a pass-code on the phone .. type the same code on the keyboard and blue Fn + enter .. you should see it happily spring to life!

I'm happy to report that you can enjoy the full typing speed that this Keyboard will give you on the N97 .. I'm assuming it will work for 5800 & Omnia i8910 too.

Cross posted for you 5800 folk
Thanks very much! Do you have any idea how to use iGo Stowaway Travel Mouse with n5800/n97? I have one but as far as I know, unlike the keyboard, it does not have symbian driver.
Cheers, Vehicular

Old 12-07-2009, 03:37 AM

No sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by vehicular View Post
Thanks very much! Do you have any idea how to use iGo Stowaway Travel Mouse with n5800/n97? I have one but as far as I know, unlike the keyboard, it does not have symbian driver.
Cheers, Vehicular
I've never owned one.. and now with a touch screen device don't see the point (pun intended) of having one.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:32 AM

Micky! is on a distinguished road
Thanks Seki. appreciated.!

Old 12-07-2009, 02:13 PM

vehicular is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seki View Post
I've never owned one.. and now with a touch screen device don't see the point (pun intended) of having one.
Thank you anyway once again,
Vehicular

Old 19-10-2009, 08:17 PM

coffeebiker is on a distinguished road
iGO stowaway BT keyboards and satio

Hi!

Does anyone know if this will work with satio? (I assume so as it is the same OS underneath). Any chance of a rough guide for simpletons like me on how to do this?

Thanks

CB

Old 19-10-2009, 10:34 PM

radioahead is on a distinguished road
I love my igo. It gets admiring comments on the train sometimes too. But from older people, businessmen. Not from cool kids. They're much to cool for a bluetooth keyboard.

Thinking in practical terms, which is just about the only way you can really approach a bluetooth keyboard (although it does look very nice when you snap it open} I ask you to answer this question, honestly - do you type as fast into your 5800 as you did into your previous phone? Is it just me? If you spend time somewhere and your phone is your only internet, I think this keyboard significantly changes things. If you can type.

Mine's been in a box for ages, and I'd given up hope on a driver for this phone. How long's it been available?

It works really well. I bought quickoffice afterwards, The most common Word shortcuts like control-c, and b were working. You have to get used to selecting text downwards because shift up is question mark. There are certain things I can't figure out how to do, like switch between applications - I'm sure I*used to be able to do that.

Anyway, hello people.
Ads

Old 20-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Beer um ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioahead View Post
How long's it been available?
pretty much before the 5800/N97 etc arrived .. I bought mine originally for my N95 now I'm waiting for my SE Satio (which doesn't have a physical keyboard) In theory the driver should just work.

Happy you got yours out of the box

Old 20-10-2009, 01:07 AM

Beer I'll let you know ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebiker View Post
Hi!

Does anyone know if this will work with satio? (I assume so as it is the same OS underneath). Any chance of a rough guide for simpletons like me on how to do this?

Thanks

CB
When mine finally arrives!

Old 21-10-2009, 06:35 PM

coffeebiker is on a distinguished road
iGO stowaway BT keyboards

Transferred the driver across and seems to work with a bit of a fiddle. much more compatable than on UIQ 3 (previous phone was a se 960i)