All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-06-2004, 09:37 AM

felix b. is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Bluetooth file exchange and the p900???

Just bought a p900! syncing with iSync seems to be no problems. However, When I try to use file exchange it does not seem to work propperly. I can select the p900 to browse. then when it should set up the file tree there is just a blanc window and no folders or files showing as there was with my SE T630. I have tried to download some SIS files which I suspect are symbian application files. They are received by the p900 but then they disapere. I've tried everything but I can not find them on the p900. Is this normal or do I need to upgrade firmware or do I need to reset the device or..........or, or.......... I have no clue of what I should do. Do I have to get virtual PC? It seems like an expensive proposition just to download some files and programs now and then.

If some one has an answer they would realy MAKE.........break my day.

felix b.
Ads

Old 09-06-2004, 11:24 AM

SEP900 is on a distinguished road
Same here, when I used to use OS X Jaguar with an older version of the SE P900 firmware it was almost fine. But scenes changed, even worse since I upgraded to OS X Panther and SE firmware to R5B02. Now I can send file from my PB to SE over BT, can install stuffs too but cannot fetch any thing from SE to PB. I also get a blank window with “Get” button disable. The worst even case is I cannot add SE to iSync. When I search to add device it says, “No devises found” But I cam make/receive calls, send contacts to SE using address book. But when I used to use Jaguar I did able to add SE to iSync but with no ‘get’ capabilities with BT file exchange service.

Are you using OS X Panther and the R5B02 firmware? Any body else?

Thanks,