All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-06-2004, 09:24 PM
the_descriptor

Problem with USB Bluetooth Adapter

Hi Guys,

I recently, bought a bluetooth dongle that is using WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 1.4.2.10 version. I am able to send the files from my PC to the phone (Nokia 6600) but i am not able to send anything from the phone to the PC via usb bluetooth adapter :-? .

It displays the message, Sending Data... and thats what is displayed all the time, nothing gets to the PC at all.

Could anyone please tell me what is wrong.

Thanks
descriptor

Old 10-06-2004, 02:46 AM

sjbu is on a distinguished road
i have the opposite problem, can send from phone to pc but not from PC to phone.

Try some different software and see if that works. Otherwise try to find some different drivers for your usb dongle, thats what im trying anyway
Ads

Old 10-06-2004, 06:50 AM

JasonT is on a distinguished road
Guess

Ok, widcomm (that version) is the current build distributed w/ dlink adapters. Others should work with it and follow the same method. You need to have a my bluetooth places folder set up and allow it to be shared. Files should then be able to be sent to it.

That's part 1). I'll edit and mess around a bit more for part 2.

yeah ok, so it's a bluetooth exchange folder and it's set up shared

anyways I just right click what I want to send, select bluetooth, select my nok, it does the discovering services, then sends it via 'ftp' to the phone and arrives in the inbox.

Summary it works.
Here's my set-up: PC w/ dlink and widcom/dlink 120 b4revision adapter, nokia pc suite setup w/ the sdk (tested and working), and a bluetooth exchange folder set up.

You may need to make sure pairing and authorization for the devices is all set, because you might see a send that goes nowhere since it's not accepted.

If you guys can't get it working still check out your bluetooth places and your bluetooth exchange folder and let me know what you got.
good luck

Last edited by JasonT; 10-06-2004 at 06:55 AM. Reason: part 2

Old 11-06-2004, 02:13 AM

sjbu is on a distinguished road
would the widcomm drivers work with my generic adapter. The software that comes with mine is the crappy XTDN Bluetooth or whatever its called. That doesnt create a my bluetooth places. I think ill try the standard XP ones, theyll probably work the best.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:52 AM

JasonT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbu
would the widcomm drivers work with my generic adapter. The software that comes with mine is the crappy XTDN Bluetooth or whatever its called. That doesnt create a my bluetooth places. I think ill try the standard XP ones, theyll probably work the best.
The widcomm might work. Apparently there's some weird copy protection on the Widcomm software. If you bought a dlink 1,2, or 3 (just revisions) you had to enter a serial number to install the software (a hash from the serial on the dongle or something written on the back of the cd cover). If you have a revision 4 you don't have to enter the serial. Just make sure you end up w/ a legal working version. I know it works for me. Dlink had some promo for their b4 that gave you 2 ten dollar rebates on a $39 us price. Might be worth looking for one if you can get a new dongle w/ all the software for $19