All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-04-2010, 03:35 PM

igb is on a distinguished road
Firmware 50.0.005

Sorry if this is old news, but i don't see any recent threads about it. Installed this a couple of days ago. Noticed a couple of changes:

After a short delay the bar at the bottom of the web browser (the one with the options, etc button) autohides.

Music player has been reworked. Scrolling through a list of tracks now pops up the first letter a la iPod.

The Podcasting menu in the music player has been reworked. Amongst other things they have removed he very useful "Recently added" item, which was how I used to listen to most of my podcasts. Now I have to remember what I downloaded and find it from the list.

Ian.
Ads

Old 09-05-2010, 02:39 PM

dbxgraphics is on a distinguished road
After I updated to v 50.0.005, my phone started to respond slower within menu's. Every now and then totally locksup. Restarts without me turning it off/on.

Plus my receive phone button changed in the UI and doesn't work.

However I been installing many applications lately too. So not sure what's what anymore :-/

Old 09-05-2010, 02:45 PM

vehicular is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by igb View Post
Sorry if this is old news, but i don't see any recent threads about it. Installed this a couple of days ago. Noticed a couple of changes:

After a short delay the bar at the bottom of the web browser (the one with the options, etc button) autohides.

Music player has been reworked. Scrolling through a list of tracks now pops up the first letter a la iPod.

The Podcasting menu in the music player has been reworked. Amongst other things they have removed he very useful "Recently added" item, which was how I used to listen to most of my podcasts. Now I have to remember what I downloaded and find it from the list.

Ian.
I also miss this fucntionality of the podcasting. I was easier to delete older downloads by sorting by download date, now i have to delete downloads one by one or by podcast. But the program is stable at least....

Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 AM

robmeik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbxgraphics View Post
After I updated to v 50.0.005, my phone started to respond slower within menu's. Every now and then totally locksup. Restarts without me turning it off/on.

Plus my receive phone button changed in the UI and doesn't work.

However I been installing many applications lately too. So not sure what's what anymore :-/
After upgrading and then installing/uninstalling several apps, I had similar problems. I did a backup, "hard reset" and restore and all is OK now. Of course it meant having to rejig a few things but it is working well now with plenty of RAM (40Mb) and 55 Mb of C: space - much more than I had before!!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Thanks 4 your reply Rob,

Considering doing a hard reset and reinstalling the appz I really like ;-)

Still in search of a good functioning/looking GTD app.
As soon as GQueues comes with an application for S60, I will def. make use of that.

Last edited by dbxgraphics; 10-05-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmeik View Post
After upgrading and then installing/uninstalling several apps, I had similar problems. I did a backup, "hard reset" and restore and all is OK now. Of course it meant having to rejig a few things but it is working well now with plenty of RAM (40Mb) and 55 Mb of C: space - much more than I had before!!
I did a hard reset by pressing green + red + photo button which started my phone with my personal pincode.

It then asked for country, date and time settings.
Started the thank you note of Nokia and then asked me to login at Nimbuzz & gave me a message "Installing".

I assume this is because the Hard reset just applies on the phones memory and not the memorycard.

Last edited by dbxgraphics; 12-05-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Solved!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM

jezzasin is on a distinguished road
hi, i updated to this firmware today and no i am regretting it, ive lost all use of my camera ( it wont open from the button on the side or from the app menu) and also the 3 buttons on the bottom of the screen now dont work at all, is there any way of downgrading the firmware to a previous version (any version will do) as i use my camera a lot and its bugging me loads