All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-12-2003, 01:02 AM

Kaos is on a distinguished road
Angry battery life

I just got ma ngage a week ago... I love it... I have downloaded lot of applications and some clips....
althought I have to say that Im dissapointed with the battery life...
The other day I made a 5 min. call and I play some games and the battery was already really low... I have decided that the only way to fully enjoy the ngage experienced is by buying another battery or carrying the charger on you all the time...

I mean... come on ngage is ment for boys who love their toys and love to play games and mess around with their phones. Dont you think that is the wole purpouse of having such a gadget? We deserve to play for a couple of hours a day and make a few phone calls without having to recharge the phone...!

Old 05-12-2003, 06:28 PM

sco2001 is on a distinguished road
did you discharge it and then charge it up when you first got it? If not you should do so. How long did you actually play it for? If its under an hour why don't you take it back and see what they have to say?

http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml

Old 06-12-2003, 04:49 PM

mesijas is on a distinguished road
hm my battery is good. I can use my n-gage for even 3 days if i play much. Yes I thing you must charge and discharge it.

Old 06-12-2003, 11:20 PM
ddd24334526

i noticed my battery life is short to but i never discharged it how do u do that?

Old 07-12-2003, 10:07 AM

Well you must play or do smth until your n-gage turns off it really helps your battery.
Ads

Old 07-12-2003, 04:00 PM
rickZ

Not entirely true

While it is always a good idea to discharge and fully charge a batter, the impact of doing so is far less with today's Lithium Ion batteries as opposed to the old school NiCad batteries. Lithium Ion batteries have no memory and really don't NEED to be fully discharged.

Old 07-12-2003, 04:23 PM

hm. well... I don't know, but when I discharged my n-gage, it worked longer. Before that, it worked only for 1 day

Old 08-12-2003, 10:01 AM

viceroy is on a distinguished road
I'm in the habit of discharging and recharging my battery every time and after a week of ownership I can now maybe get 2 days out of the battery

Old 08-12-2003, 01:50 PM

Kaos is on a distinguished road
Smile

Yeah thanks guys for your replays!!
I think that my battery is lasting for longer now... although I keep
saying that for some aplications it should last for longer:
today I played 15 min. bluetooh and half my battery dissapeared... I dont know if it was 'couse I created the levels or what but that is a fact, 15 min half gone!
wellIm lucky Ive got my charger on me!

Old 08-12-2003, 11:17 PM

SAbz911 is on a distinguished road
Re: Not entirely true

Quote:
Originally posted by rickZ
While it is always a good idea to discharge and fully charge a batter, the impact of doing so is far less with today's Lithium Ion batteries as opposed to the old school NiCad batteries. Lithium Ion batteries have no memory and really don't NEED to be fully discharged.
Although i totally agree woth you, as this is supposed to be the case, most of us have found it does increase the life of t he battery if discharged and recharged several times.

How to maximise the battery life:
1) Discharge and recharge the battery several times (this could obviously take upto a week)
2) ensure you close apps when there not in use. Bluetooth doesnt drain your battery that much, but if left on constantly is still gonna make an impact, same applys to things like your contacts list etc. Hold down the menu button to see a list of all the apps currently running.
3)The more you switch your fone on and off, the more battery used.
4)Your battery life can also be affected by your network provider. Dont ask me how, it just can (its really cus im not sure how :P)

These are only small factors which will affect your battery life, but they all have impact and especially if they are all happening together!

Old 11-12-2003, 08:25 PM

drager is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Not entirely true

Quote:
Originally posted by SAbz911

4)Your battery life can also be affected by your network provider. Dont ask me how, it just can (its really cus im not sure how :P)
if your provider has a better coverage around you, your phone will try less to reach the base stations. it depends on the range, power and amount of the base stations...