All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-06-2009, 11:36 PM

londoner888 is on a distinguished road
Homescreen Live widgets info

Other than the pre-installed live widgets, what other ones on Ovi are live and can be used on the homescreen? I've downloaded quite a few apps such as reuters, guardian, etc yet those are not live.

Currently I have one widget space free, and none of the preinstalled ones are of much use to me other than weather and facebook.

To be honest it would be useful to have a news widget (ie BBC) that updates with headlines on the homescreen.
AP is a load of old tosh to be honest, the news is to broad and would be more useful to have info more local.

So anyone know of any live widgets, or even widgets that can be used on one of the homescreen slots that can be d/l from Ovi?

Old 30-06-2009, 07:58 AM

jonathan488 is on a distinguished road
londoner888, you can already have BBC News (or any other RSS feed for that matter) on your Homescreen.

Simply load the web browser and press Options -> Got to -> Web Feeds.

You can manually add feeds in here or you can get them added in by clicking on a feed link on the webpage you want fed.

You should now see the feed(s) appear when you go to "Add content" on the Homescreen.

PS - you can also set the feed to update every 15 minutes for example, from within the web browser feed management...

Let me know if you need any more help.

Jon.
Ads

Old 30-06-2009, 11:06 AM

rdcinhou is on a distinguished road
Interesting...I had not noticed that you could add RSS feeds to the Home Screen as Live Widgets.

THIS might explain the combined lock-up behavior...

About the time that my Web Browser experienced the "Unknown Error" on addition of a 3rd RSS feed, both my Facebook and my Accuweather widgets locked up in "Loading content".

I bet that this problem is inter-related.

Nokia--hurry up with that software update to fix this problem!!!