All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-12-2007, 12:57 AM

andonevris is on a distinguished road
Question N95 Music Player shows Podcasts with red exclamation Mark

Hi All,

I have recently updated to the new 20 firmware on my N95 and am really happy with it. One problem I have though is regarding podcasts.

I've been using the N95 for listening to podcasts for a while so was excited about the new podcast functionality, however I have a problem on the phone which I can't clear.

There are podcasts showing up in the music player podcast section with red exclamation marks, these podcasts no longer exist on the phone and I can't delete the entries, every time I try I get a general system error. One of the podcasts is a duplicate which I had on the phone before the fw upgrade but the podcast app also downloaded the same episode so I deleted the original file but it still shows up in the music player.

I've tried to refresh the library but it still lists them once refresh is complete.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these entries as they're really bugging me.

Thanks

Old 03-12-2007, 09:15 AM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
I had a similar thing. I had the podcast app on the previous firmware (as a download from Nokia) and had loads of podcasts on that. When I updated, the new version (now part of the firmware) was installed but all my podcasts seemed to have changed to 99% complete and any attempt to finish them resulted in the red exclamation. I just removed the entire podcast and re-added, then re-downloaded.
Ads

Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 AM

neilhoskins is on a distinguished road
Can't Get Rid of Podcasts from Music Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by andonevris View Post
<snip> ...I deleted the original file but it still shows up in the music player.

I've tried to refresh the library but it still lists them once refresh is complete.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these entries as they're really bugging me.

Thanks
Did anybody ever find out how to get rid of these? I have the same thing and they're actually increasing. I now have four podcasts showing in the media player that don't actually exist and I can't delete them.