All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-01-2004, 09:27 AM

smeg_bob is on a distinguished road
Angry nokia pc suite

regading pc nokia suite

i have installed my bluetooth adaptor and communicate with my phone fine, also the com port recognises that bluetooth connected with phone, that is the grey triangles on system tray change to green yellow and blue connected icon, however when i launch pc suite it still thinks i am disconnected and therefore get no options

i have re-instaled the pc suite several times, and did install the nokia suite after i had installed my bluetooth adaptor but still no joy

any help would be great

ps
seeing as i am unable to use pc suite is there anyway of sending all my contacts to my pc for backup without the damn suite..... please help.....what folder would my contacts be stored

Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 PM

marcus.ferranti is on a distinguished road
Cool bluetooth problem

If using windows XP SP2, make sur the bluethtooth execptions and advanced options are deselected from the windows firewall properties in the control panel whether the firewall itself is turned on or off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg_bob
regading pc nokia suite

i have installed my bluetooth adaptor and communicate with my phone fine, also the com port recognises that bluetooth connected with phone, that is the grey triangles on system tray change to green yellow and blue connected icon, however when i launch pc suite it still thinks i am disconnected and therefore get no options

i have re-instaled the pc suite several times, and did install the nokia suite after i had installed my bluetooth adaptor but still no joy

any help would be great

ps
seeing as i am unable to use pc suite is there anyway of sending all my contacts to my pc for backup without the damn suite..... please help.....what folder would my contacts be stored

Old 11-01-2005, 08:30 PM

Mackey is on a distinguished road
I posted about the same problem a few days ago. What can i do if i dont have sp2

Last edited by Mackey; 11-01-2005 at 08:38 PM.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:05 PM

Mackey is on a distinguished road
OMGGGG

I have finally managed to get a connection between my bluetooth and PC suite to be regognised. It is telling me to name the phone. But for EVERY name i put it says you must enter a valid name, and i cant do anything else.

This wins my award for the least usable peice of software ever. Closly followed by sony sonic stage.

Edit- i have just done a search and found it is doing this becuase i installed to the D drive instead of the C. Still... it shouldnt do it.

Last edited by Mackey; 11-01-2005 at 09:11 PM.

Old 16-05-2005, 10:24 PM

totoy suave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg_bob
regading pc nokia suite

any help would be great

ps

Old 16-05-2005, 10:27 PM

totoy suave is on a distinguished road
I have more serious problem. I can't even get PC suite to detect phone. To send files from phone to PC, i use phone, click options/send/via bluetooth. Then it will detect my PC bluetooth.

Old 17-05-2005, 07:58 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Which phone? Which version of PC Suite? Which version of Windows? Whose Bluetooth adapter? Whose Bluetooth drivers? What version Bluetooth drivers?
Ads

Old 21-05-2005, 05:29 PM

schwaitz is on a distinguished road
Nokia 6600 Pc Suite

I have the same problem with a Bluetooth dongle and a PC using SP2, the file managing with the bluetooth adaptor software itīs ok but PC Suite donīt recognize the phone. I asked Nokia support about this and they say they are developing a new version of pc suite ( my version is 1.1.0 ) to fix it in PCs using SP2.

Somebody nows about another synchronization software to use with NOkia 6600 and Windows ???

Richard