All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Beta Labs: Nokia Photo Browser for S60 3rd Edition

Nokia Photo Browser, a recent beta / preview release from Nokia's Beta Labs for S60 5th Edition, is now available for most S60 3rd Edition (Feature Pack 1 and 2) devices (e.g. N95, E71, N85, 6220). Photo Browser is an alternative way to view the photos stored on your phone. The current beta may, in the future, become part of a future update to Nokia's Gallery application.

Read on in the full article.

Old 14-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

no e90 support (

Ah well...

Old 14-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

not interesting at all. in my n85, it loads very slow and shows only a partial of my pics. most are gray frames only. for non-touch phones, i don't think the magnifier nor the other feature works.

Old 14-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

fail miserably.

Old 14-04-2009, 02:00 PM

Ben_Kri is on a distinguished road
Test on E71

I have just installed it on my E71 and I cannot recomend it. Yes, it works, but it takes ages to load the pictures. It is an eyecandy, but it costs LOTS of patience. Finishing these lines, there is one very easy solution: uninstalling it.

Old 14-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

noticed the first time it loads...it takes forever to load the images (horridly slow)....but after it does, they are all loaded next time you go in (unless there are new ones, which it will have to load)...

these tests were from my 5800xm tho, rockin the first beta....

Old 14-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, should be much quicker on subsequent loads.

I'm finding images 'clarify' in about a second or so when you select them (compared to 5-10 seconds during the first start).

Rafe

Old 14-04-2009, 05:38 PM
pilotpaul

Works on my e63, its not fantastically slick, but its still better than what you get as standard, this will definitely be staying!

An yeah the gray squares seem to be it building its cache, im gonna try copying my iphoto library to my memory card an see how well it copes.

Old 15-04-2009, 03:43 AM

cricfancy is on a distinguished road
Hi All,

First of all when i tried to install this on my Nokia N 95 it says its not compatible with the phone, Continue anyways

So i didnt installed this on my phone since it said its not compatible and moreover its still in betalabs, So i would its better once it graduates from betalabs, then this application can be installed on the phone and not when its in BETALABS

Old 15-04-2009, 06:12 AM

Hih is on a distinguished road
@cricfancy

Please read installation notes:

You will most likely encounter "not compatible" warning message. Please just proceed with your installation.