All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
emTube evolves into Open Video Hub

Do you remember emTube, one of the first YouTube video clients for S60? Well, it's back (after a fashion), in the form of Open Video Hub, available* for S60 3rd Edition and 5th Edition and with additional support for Daily Motion and Metacafe videos. It's also now Open Source, which is great news. The only catch is that, currently, Open Video Hub needs signing for a user's phone - see the screenshots, press release snippet and links below.

Read on in the full article.

Old 28-10-2009, 11:35 AM

krisq is on a distinguished road
I can't believe no one posted a single comment. This app rocks!!

Old 28-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

This is the best piece of news you've posted on AllAboutSymbian in months. I honestly don't know why it's not a featured item.

Old 28-10-2009, 12:03 PM

UKJeeper is on a distinguished road
Runs nicely on the i8910. Just make sure the cache folder is set to internal memory instead of phone memory!

EDIT: Cached files are given the same name; "tempvideo.flv", which is overwritten when viewing the next video. So if you want to save the video, yo'll have to re-name it (each time).

Last edited by UKJeeper; 28-10-2009 at 12:28 PM.

Old 28-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

I'm having issues

funny I'm having issues with this app on the N97 v20.
No rotating of the screen and I can't log into my youtube using my gmail account.
"no location header in redirection response! Check your proxy settings" is the error I get.

Old 28-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I stupid?

How in the heck do you actually sign this thing? I tried to use the symbiansigned website and it said my email wasn't linked to the UIDs?

Old 28-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

there is an app called freesigner that you could use. but you need a cert and key first

Old 28-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

I work in pki and can create RSA/DSA/ECDSA certs and keys pretty easily...what algorithm/keysize/format do these things need to be in? I was googling around and best I found was getting cert+key from some Chinese website that frankly I'm not comfortable with.

Old 28-10-2009, 01:12 PM

Berty is on a distinguished road
I can't sign it using Symbian Signed:
FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address.
Whatever that means!!

Old 28-10-2009, 01:26 PM

The chinese site has always been fine for me, and is probably about the fastest turnaround for getting a cert and key.

However, i think your signing app questions/issues are going to be better answered in darker corners of the interweb than AAS...

Old 28-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

works great

but couldnt log in to youtube :(
"no location header in redirection response! Check your proxy settings" is the error I get
Ads

Old 28-10-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
but couldnt log in to youtube :(
"no location header in redirection response! Check your proxy settings" is the error I get
You don't have to log in to watch, just select "set as default server", the top option. (you can change the default server if you wish later in Settings).

Old 28-10-2009, 08:13 PM
MisterM

Unhappy

Also unable to sign using Open Signed, same error as Berty above. Bit frustrating, emTube was one of my N95 favourites, Mobitubia was never really the same!

Old 28-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

So let me get this straight...

...so instead of releasing an unsigned SIS file (in which case, some people wouldn't be able to install, but many would), these people released this file, which no one can install without going through signing the app themselves? Come back when you've grown up.

Old 28-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
...so instead of releasing an unsigned SIS file (in which case, some people wouldn't be able to install, but many would), these people released this file, which no one can install without going through signing the app themselves? Come back when you've grown up.
Installing it is very very easy. For grown ups.