All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-07-2010, 12:18 PM

smipx013 is on a distinguished road
Problem displaying other mailboxes on home screen of E71 - Please help if U can

Hi All,

I have a bit of a mare and I could do with some advice if anyine has time. I have an E71 on the latest v500.21.009 firmware.

I have sucessfully setup two email accounts with the latest Nokia Messaging cleint (v. 9.7.0.21) and the sync is working just fine. My E71 is on the latest firmware

Until recently my home scren showed the default maibox (e.g. @ 3 new in xxx@mail.com) and another line that said someting like @ 2 new in others or other mailboxes or someting like that.. I was digging around with the settings and I seem to have lost the "others" on the home screen. I still have the default mailbox showing up.

I have been into the home screen configuration area and made sure that "Nokia messaging email" is ticked. In the messaging client I have checked the option to enable 2 lines under Message List Layout.

In the home screen applications E-mail 1 notification & E-mail 2 notification seem to be set to Lotus traveler (and they are both ticked in the applications to diaplay as well). I have tried setting both of these to "none" (I do not use Lotus notes btw).

I have tried uninstalling the Lotus app with x-lite in case it was that which was screwing it up.

I have tried reinstalling the Messaging client after first removing it.

I have, finally, reinstalled the firmware which totally reset everything.

I just can't get the @ 2 new in others line back on the home screen and its driving me NUTS. I have spent most of the day trying.

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers,

Paul

Old 10-08-2010, 09:04 PM

Ben_Kri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smipx013 View Post
Until recently my home scren showed the default maibox (e.g. @ 3 new in xxx@mail.com) and another line that said someting like @ 2 new in others or other mailboxes or someting like that.

Can anyone help me please?
Try out the folowing:
go to
-> tools -> modes -> home screen apps -> E-mail 1 notification
Choose "Mailbox: none". Choose OK.

One step back.

Then: back in the same menu -> E-mail 1 notification.
Choose your Mailbox.

When I do it on my phone, I get the notification, that the mailbox contains folders. "Select folder?" --> YES.

Choose your Inbox-Folder (or the one you prefer the most).

Try the same with "E-mail 2 notification" menu.
Ads