All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-01-2007, 09:16 AM

faronking is on a distinguished road
E70 Camera Failure

Hi,

I have an updated firmware Nokia E70 that has been taken to the Nokia repair store and updated/reset at least four times.

So this is my last hope :p

My camera doesn't seem to want to work.
For example, when i come to take a picture, it says 'general error' and doesn't save the image that comes on.
And if it does take the picutre, then the image is either exteremly discoloured, grainy, or zig-zagged (ie: eyes on one side, nose on the other).

I have set for my E70 to take pictures and save them on the phone memory, which is what the repair people told me. However, that doesn't seem to help.

It's literally one of those frustrating things, where the phone works in the store, and as soon as you leave the parking lot it goes reverts back to its ways.

What can i do about this? The repair people say that they are not allowed to exchange my phone to a new one (even though it's under warranty).

Thanks for any ideas or comments you have on how i can repair this
Ads