All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > Symbian^3 phones (N8, C7, C6-01, E7-00)

Old 15-04-2011, 01:28 PM

supa-shoppa is on a distinguished road
Here is a symbian challenge for you...phone calling WITHOUT writing down the number!

Okay here is the challenge....

I used Dukto to transfer some text from my pc to my Nokia N8 . The text contained mobile numbers, email address and contact names directly from a webpage on facebook.

I then copied the data from the Dukto application on the phone to the standard notes application section on the phone, so far so good!

Today I wanted to call one of the mobile numbers within the data copied. So I tried highlighting the text and then long press to perhaps give me a call option, that didn't work, okay next tried highlighting the text and then seeing if I could copy/paste it.

So okay so far so good we now have it copied to the clipboard. I don't particularly want to create a contact i just want to call that number as a one off event.

So i then go to the normal CALL application and see if i can copy it into the data bar..no such luck!

Okay can't do that looks like i will have to go to the hassle of creating a contact just to call the number! Okay so i am in contacts I go straight to the mobile phone field and then hit the button that gives me the copy/paste option and guess what??? its not there!

I then jump out of that field and select the Name field..guess what? Copy/paste is enabled there which is not much use is it!

So in the end I gave up and had to write the flipping number on a piece of paper and then manually dial it.

Is that a definition of a smartphone or have I missed something!!

Steve

Last edited by supa-shoppa; 15-04-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Old 15-04-2011, 01:36 PM

matthewrleech is on a distinguished road
When you're in the dialer press Options->Editing Options->Paste.

If you're in landscape mode you'll have to scroll down a bit to see 'Editing options'.

Last edited by matthewrleech; 15-04-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Old 15-04-2011, 02:24 PM

supa-shoppa is on a distinguished road
Thanks mate....feel guilty for the rant now!
Ads