All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-08-2003, 10:44 AM

Tried to post the jad/jar files on my wapsite, most of my visitors are 7650/3650 users, but it says the files are corrupt any ideas?

Old 23-08-2003, 02:02 PM

drazvan is on a distinguished road
Did you get the latest download from http://www.simeda.com/downloads/SMSXtender.zip ? What phone gives you the error message?

Razvan

Old 23-08-2003, 04:38 PM

The 7650, I've stuck the 2 files on my server(don't know if that's a problem ) the jar says wrong url and the jad says corrupt, or maybe other way round. could you put direct links to the jad/jar files

My site does get 5000 hits a day

Old 23-08-2003, 07:46 PM

Please send me an email at support@simeda.com and we'll see what's up.

Razvan

Old 24-08-2003, 02:01 AM

matt69 is on a distinguished road
Is there anywhere to download this trial using wap? I'm logged in but the links don't show up on wap

Old 24-08-2003, 11:22 AM

petran is on a distinguished road
Any chance of adding support for non-english sms, even with unicode charactersets?

I've already offered via email to help add support for non-unicode Greek language sms, if there's interest in this, since I've done it before.

Old 24-08-2003, 04:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for the delays in answering your messages, we've just had really big problems with our ISP (they got hit really hard by the latest Sobig + MSBlast combination). Our internet connection was unavailable until a couple of minutes ago ...

Anyway, in case you need to load SMSXtender on your phone directly via WAP, please point your WAP browser to http://dynamic.simeda.com/send/SMSXtender.jad.

And yes, we're interested in making SMSXtender work with as many languages as we can. So if your language contains any non-latin characters, please try SMSXtender and let me know if it works. If it doesn't, try to find out the codes for the special characters in your language (or come up with a translation table).

Thanks people,
Razvan

Old 24-08-2003, 09:16 PM

Nice idea but paying ontop of operator tariffs? Does seem fun though

Old 24-08-2003, 09:21 PM

matt69 is on a distinguished road
thanks for the wap link, drazvan.

Old 24-08-2003, 10:18 PM

You're not paying on top of the operator's SMS tariffs. You just pay for the GPRS traffic you generate, which is around 1KB for 4 messages. For instance, at a rate of 2 EUR/MB (that's what we get here in Romania), the price per message that you need to pay your operator would be 0.05 cents/message (you can send 4000 messages in 1 MB).

Razvan
Ads

Old 27-08-2003, 10:55 AM

Urpo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog
I think i just saw my friend breaking up with his girlfriend after recieving a strange SMS

ops:
Oh my god!! What did you do???
There must be warning sign/prompt in the program cases like this!

This is great soft, I tested the demo and I have to say: WHOOOAA!!!
First I think that the sended messages arrives whitin 10 minutes to destination, but it was waster almost immediately!

I'm have to buy this great app in some way, because I dont have credit card!

BTW drazvan, are you going to make translated versions of the program?
Maybe Finnish version? I might help you

Old 28-08-2003, 09:22 PM

Hello everyone,

We are almost 90% done with the new version that will support additional networks. But we need your help. All those of you who would like to send to networks that are not in our coverage area, please email me at support@simeda.com. We need the following information: the name of the network (including the country) and all the known prefixes for that destination (e.g. Connex Romania, prefixes 40722, 40723, 40721 - meaning that all numbers starting with 40722, 40723 or 40721 belong to this network). If a certain prefix for the network you are trying to send to is not listed, the system will attempt to send the message at 1 credit/message and will obviously fail.

There is no change in the client software, you can keep your existing SMSXtender versions. There will be a release later next week that will probably include support for the Greek language. If your native language is not supported, please email me at support@simeda.com and we'll try to figure something out.

Razvan

Old 29-08-2003, 12:08 AM

girosky is on a distinguished road
can the application b used here in the philippines?

Old 29-08-2003, 12:14 AM

Yes it can! Check out http://www.simeda.com/smsxtender-coverage.html.

The following networks are covered:

Globe Telecom
Islacom
Nextel Communications
Smart Communications

Razvan

Old 29-08-2003, 02:39 AM

Hello everyone,

We have just released version 1.1.0 of SMSXtender. It adds one important feature: the ability to prioritize your messages. You can choose between 3 priorities: Normal, Urgent and Very Urgent.

Urgent messages are always delivered before Normal messages. Very Urgent messages are guaranteed to be delivered before Urgent and Normal messages.

Urgent messages will cost you an extra 0.5 credits/message. Very Urgent messages will cost 1 extra credit/message.

The extra cost allows us to select additional (faster but more expensive) gateways to your destination network. So if you notice that a particular destination is slow, you can try increasing the priority.

The download locations for the new version are the same: http://www.simeda.com/downloads/SMSXtender.zip or via WAP at http://dynamic.simeda.com/send/SMSXtender.jad .

We are also launching the "Extend to a friend" program (an official announcement will be on our site tomorrow). The program is very simple: if you tell a friend about SMSXtender and the friend purchases a copy, you get 5 free credits and your friend also gets 5 free credits on top of his initial subscription. Just ask him to mention your email or account name when subscribing to our service.

Cheers,
Razvan