All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Pixelpipe Send and Share

David Gilson reviews the free Pixelpipe Send and Share, the new incarnation of the popular uploading service that works independently of Nokia's Share online and thus works more seamlessly, using a wider range of file types and (presumably) on more devices. It's all win, win, win until David points out a few caveats, including less flexible authentication and a greater need to do some of the set up using your desktop's web browser.

Read on in the full article.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:01 PM

mukandi is on a distinguished road
Meta data lost

I've noticed that some meta data was lost when uploaded to picasa I lost the geo tags of my pictures and video. I hope they can fix it.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Pixelpipe

Re: Metadata lost with Picasa maps

We don't remove any EXIF data from the images as they pass through Pixelpipe to the destination services. If the geo-location is in fact contained in your EXIF header the problem is most likely with your Picasa account configuration.

Please verify that you have enabled the "Automatically map photos if they contain location data" option under http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/settings#permissions. This is not the default setting so is most likely the cause of your issue of missing map data.
Ads

Old 04-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Agree.

I agree with David. The caveat is the issues on the PC against the app/mobile setup of account. I can't register through the app on my phone so I will need to do it on my PC.

Now I'm currently stuck with my account on phone 'coz I can't log in it. And it seems the account is not synchronized on the PC version.