All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Hold the emails, the E90 case roundup's coming!

Enough with the emails already! Nokia E90 fans who have been emailing in asking when my big case review round-up will be ready, please a) be patient and b) read on... Oh, and c) don't buy anything yet until the verdict's in...

Read on in the full article.

Old 19-08-2007, 03:49 PM

jah is on a distinguished road
You may need more than a couple of hours to check some of the cases. The belt pouch from CarryMobile and the Nokia CP-181 seem to be tight when they are new and need to be stretched (I used a solid old Palm LifeDrive). The tightness can aggravate the inner screen/keyboard touching issue. The Noreve case has also been reported to be too tight. My personal favorite I bought from a market in a shopping mall in Bracknell (off the M4, UK) for only UKP7 and its a clean and neat pouch case which is not too tight.

For the recorded tested the following: Nokia CP-181, Carry Mobile pouch and book case, Noreve Traditional

Last edited by jah; 19-08-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Old 19-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Hi Steve,

Do you have any silicon cases on the list being evaluated ?

Just saw one that looks very interesting. If you are interested, I can give you a link.

Combined with a screen protector, it looks like a great combo (in the pics anyway).

Zuber

Old 19-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
By all means send me a link. We haven't ordered any silicone cases so far...

Old 19-08-2007, 07:55 PM

juwlz is on a distinguished road
Bracknell market, here I come ;-)

Must remember to take a trip into Bracknell at the weekend. What exactly am I looking for?

Julie

Old 19-08-2007, 10:01 PM

jah is on a distinguished road
@Julie

not sure if the market stall is open on all week, but it is in the mall with Boots, Currys and WH Smiths (opposite Smiths in fact). Its a stall that sells 'bling' for mobile phones and they sell a lot of different types of mobile phone cases/pouches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jah New Case 1.JPG (20.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by jah; 19-08-2007 at 10:03 PM.

Old 19-08-2007, 10:04 PM

NickAnstee is on a distinguished road
I have the standard black Noreve case, it was too tight initially but it is loosening off nicely and now fits much better. I have also ordered the Sandy Vintage version. I ordered the Book Type case from CarryMobile which looked good but I can't get the E90 to fit at all, can't get the case anywhere near closed, i'll try again by stretching it with something else but I don't hold out much hope.

I prefer cases that you can use the basic functions of the phone whilst the phone is still in the case. It helps avoid dropping the phone when you hurridly have to answer the phone and fumble it from a pouch design. It also fits in the drink holder of my car without having to use a phone holder!!

Old 20-08-2007, 01:17 PM

Integrabyte is on a distinguished road
Re

So many people complain about this phone :(. Dunno what to do ....I see more whining than positive review. The GPS sucks, the camera button is bad, yadda yadda yadda.

Old 20-08-2007, 06:00 PM

Dogmann is on a distinguished road
H Steve,

I hope you are trying the Bugatti case as i found this is a great qaulity leather case and extremely well made item for carrying the E90 and once removed allows you to use your E90 naked which is my preference. As this case has a 8 position swivel it means it is very versatile and you can change from vertical to horizontal if you are standing or sitting. definitely was my favourite of all the cases i saw.

Marc

Old 22-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Integrabyte

Integrabyte, don't believe everything you read, I love the E90. I upgraded from an E61 and the difference is striking. The E90 is much faster and has a lot more functionality. I actually went to a shop and tried an E90 and within 10 seconds I was forking out the cash with no regrets. In terms of the GPS I actually stick the E90 in a case in my drinks holder at the side of the steering wheel which is below the level of the top of the dash and just start driving, within a couple of minutes it is locked on and stays locked on, I find it superb (I used the maploader to load the UK). In terms of the Camera button I have no problem at all with it, if people would just spend a few minutes to learn how it is supposed to be used they wouldn't either, it is actually very sensitive and controllable. It is the only device that I have ever had where I prefer to do stuff on it than a desktop, I don't know why people are being so negative!! The Web, Word, Excel and PPT are wonderfull on the device, the extra wide display is simply in a different league to smaller screens, I found the constant scrolling on the E61 tedious. I have captured good quality video footage of my kids that I would have missed with a camcorder. The only thing I don't use is the Email client I use Profimail, which is very quick and works beautifully on the E90. All I can say is try it and decide (I have upgraded to QuickOffice version 4.5 and also the new QuickOffce Adobe).

The only thing I can't find is the perfect case for me, I have got the CarryMobile and the Noreve case (x2), I am waiting for the Krusell to arrive!

Old 22-08-2007, 06:52 PM

Integrabyte, don't believe everything you read, I love the E90. I upgraded from an E61 and the difference is striking. The E90 is much faster and has a lot more functionality. I actually went to a shop and tried an E90 and within 10 seconds I was forking out the cash with no regrets. In terms of the GPS I actually stick the E90 in a case in my drinks holder at the side of the steering wheel which is below the level of the top of the dash and just start driving, within a couple of minutes it is locked on and stays locked on, I find it superb (I used the maploader to load the UK). In terms of the Camera button I have no problem at all with it, if people would just spend a few minutes to learn how it is supposed to be used they wouldn't either, it is actually very sensitive and controllable. It is the only device that I have ever had where I prefer to do stuff on it than a desktop, I don't know why people are being so negative!! The Web, Word, Excel and PPT are wonderfull on the device, the extra wide display is simply in a different league to smaller screens, I found the constant scrolling on the E61 tedious. I have captured good quality video footage of my kids that I would have missed with a camcorder. The only thing I don't use is the Email client I use Profimail, which is very quick and works beautifully on the E90. All I can say is try it and decide (I have upgraded to QuickOffice version 4.5 and also the new QuickOffce Adobe).

The only thing I can't find is the perfect case for me, I have got the CarryMobile and the Noreve case (x2), I am waiting for the Krusell to arrive!

Old 27-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Guys, thought you might appreciate a sneak peek at http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/revie...mmunicator.php - it's draft status and not complete, but it'll give you an idea of opinions and photos so far.....

8-)

Currently waiting on 3 more cases to arrive....

Steve

Old 29-08-2007, 08:12 PM

juwlz is on a distinguished road
email delayed

Steve

Just got notification that email sent to you yesterday is delayed, and they'll keep trying for another couple of days ...

Julie