All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-09-2009, 06:30 AM

cansub is on a distinguished road
E-71 Emails will not set up.

Just got the E-71 (Australia, Virgin Network, data plan), 3 days ago.

Set up my live hotmail account with no problems (name@hotmail.com). I am used to a push option for email so I went about trying to get it set up. I logged into the Nokia Messaging site and made an account with my email. It told me that it would send a text message to my phone with a link. It did not. My wife has the same phone so I made an account for her and tried hers. No text message. I then manually downloaded the latest version of Nokia Email from the site directly from the phone and installed it (latest version supporting 9.05 (75)) Windows Live Hotmail. I then went through the wizard for set up. It connected to the network and prompted me for the email address. I entered name@hotmail.com and then it went directly to "getting email settings". There is no prompt for password. It comes back with the error "Unable to connect with the information provided. Please try again". Both phones do that.

I decided to update the firmware on my wife's phone. It updated fine to the latest firmware. Everything was wiped but it was a new phone anyway (and I wanted to start with a fresh phone). I went to the email set up and it prompted for the Nokia Email to be installed only. On the old firmware I had the option of setting up non Nokia Email. I installed it, version 9.05(65). Same thing, asks for email address only and then the error message "Unable to connect with the information provided. Please try again". I made a gmail account and same. I now have no emails set up on my wife's phone. I uninstalled Nokia Email and went to the site directly on the phone and downloaded version 9.05(75) and the same error.

I installed emoze on my phone and linked it with my hotmail account and I have push but with only 1 email account. I really want this Nokia Messaging to work for both phones and especially to even get one email account set up with my wife's phone.

If this has been answered in the forum already I apologize. I search for the answer and found nothing. A link to the answer would be fine.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 PM

cansub is on a distinguished road
NM

I got it working. Apparently emails in the new version of the firmware must be set up from Nokia Messenger and through the IM system. I did not remove the zero from the phone number for the IM. That is the reason I did not receive the IM and could not set up the emails. Read the instructions children :(
Ads