All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 PM

rcadden is on a distinguished road
I've sent an email in to Nokia to get some clarification on the BlackBerry Connect issue, as I have a few readers concerned about this, as well. I'll update Steve/Rafe/Ewan when I get more info, and also post any updates I get to Symbian-Guru.com.

In the meantime, if you are currently using BlackBerry Connect on your E90, I'd recommend holding off on this update. If you don't, then proceed. I'm rather enjoying the slight speed boost, myself.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

timsalmon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsalmon View Post
Can someone please submit the Product Code for an E90 that's getting this update? As usual, mine's barred out. Tchh!

Tim
Decided to try the UK baseline 0533332 and it seems to have worked, for anyone else who can't get it.

Tim

Old 09-10-2008, 10:08 PM

machone is on a distinguished road
Please post a code that *won't* do the upgrade?

Hi,

Please would someone (perhaps timsalmon) post a product code that doesn't qualify for the upgrade. I may need to use this to get back to the 210.34.75 if I can't get blackberry connect working...

Thanks!

Mark.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:12 PM

machone is on a distinguished road
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
I've sent an email in to Nokia to get some clarification on the BlackBerry Connect issue, as I have a few readers concerned about this, as well. I'll update Steve/Rafe/Ewan when I get more info, and also post any updates I get to Symbian-Guru.com.

In the meantime, if you are currently using BlackBerry Connect on your E90, I'd recommend holding off on this update. If you don't, then proceed. I'm rather enjoying the slight speed boost, myself.
Cheers, thanks - I've sent Nokia a mail via their web site, but am not holding my breath...

Mark.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 PM

Ratkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by machone View Post
Hi,

Please would someone (perhaps timsalmon) post a product code that doesn't qualify for the upgrade. I may need to use this to get back to the 210.34.75 if I can't get blackberry connect working...

Thanks!

Mark.
Sadly it won't make any difference changing your product code, it is not possible to downgrade firmware using the NSU.
You may be able to do it with pheonix, or a Jafbox etc but it could still result in your working brick becoming a brick.
Hopefully Nokia will release a fixed version of Blackberry connect.

Cost Effective Web Design Nximedia

Last edited by Ratkat; 09-10-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:06 AM

shadamehr is on a distinguished road
Question

Well I wonder...

...if the new firmware FINALLY allows Video Ringtones.

Or will we still have to line the pockets of third party developers because of this stupid oversight from Nokia?

(Clarification before you rush off to respond... any number of E series devices allow this, so it is NOT, before you jump in, a deliberate missing feature because the E90 is an E series device. So are any number of others such as my oldish E51, and this does Video Ringtones out of the box on even the oldest of firmwares).

So here's hoping (but doubting, knowing Nokia's stupidity in this area *lol*), that this new Firmware finally addresses this oversight.

Ads

Old 10-10-2008, 12:14 AM
sciado

Flash lite 3

Excuse me, what version of Flash Lite player have you? (multimedia menu)
BEFORE upgrading I had 3, NOW it shows in the infos 2.
Anyone else with same issue?
Thanks.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:49 AM
alphacutejay

HELP! unable to update to version 300

Steve and guys,

I own an E90 and I'm from the Asia-Pacific. Even after the v210 release, I'm stuck with the v 7.40. After checking with the Nokia Software Upload application, I can only update/reinstall to v 7.40. Is there any other way I can force my phone to be upgraded to v300.

My phone kinda lags lately and would love to view flash 3 on my browser. Thanks!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:29 AM

abubasim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbiX View Post
There is a new remote lock feature under "settings > security > phone and sim card > remote lock".
No. Remote locking through SMS is an old feature. This is mentioned on page 77 in the PDF version of the E90 User Guide dated 22/11/2007.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:26 AM
Unregistered

any news on n95-3 firmware?

Old 10-10-2008, 06:35 AM

NickAnstee is on a distinguished road
I tried to update my E90 last night, multiple battery in/out cycles etc and it is still broken, I gave up at about midnight. All previous updates have run smoothly up until Wednesday when I was updating my N96, I was prompted to update NSU to the latest version, not sure that has got anything to do with it.

Anyway not sure what to try tonight, I will leave the battery out all day and see what happens. At the moment I get a slight flicker in the screen after the battery in/out cycle and a very faint, non backlit Nokia screen but it doesn't proceed further it goes from 15 min to the battery in/out cycle screen.
Nick

Old 10-10-2008, 06:57 AM
jaclu

USB transfer speed improved?

Is it only me or has the latest firmware improved transfer rates?

Up until last firmware I only got speed around 450 kB/s

Now after updating when I refill my music library I see the speeds between 630 and 677

Environ: Syncing from a MacBook usiing Nokia Multimedia Transfer 1.3 (5130)

Old 10-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by machone View Post
Hi,

Please would someone (perhaps timsalmon) post a product code that doesn't qualify for the upgrade.
Sorry but I didn't take a note of it - and it had already been changed away from what was under the cover some time ago during a previous FW upgrade.

Incidentally, if it makes you feel any better about your problems, I've now 'bricked' my E90 so it's off to Nokia for repair. Bugger. If I leave the battery in long enough I seem to get a (dimmed out) screen 'on' with the word 'Nokia' visible about 75% of the way down the screen (outside screen) and it just stays there. :-(

Tim

Old 10-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Arjen is on a distinguished road
Hi Tim

Did you try to full reset: Keep the green call key, the number 3 and the asterisk key (*) pressed and then switch the phone on?

Old 10-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
Hi Tim

Did you try to full reset: Keep the green call key, the number 3 and the asterisk key (*) pressed and then switch the phone on?
Yes, tried all the usual S60 tricks. Thanks though.

I do remember Steve L writing about this state-of-phone some time ago where he said 'don't panic' and had some pointers for rescue, but can't seem to track the article down in the forum using the obvious search phrases. Anyone?

Tim