All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-03-2003, 05:21 AM

Locked up 3650 T-Mobile San Diego

My phone also locked up with a brand new t-mobile sim card. I tested it and with a couple other cards but decided to send it back to the guy I bought it from.

He got it and says it works fine!

I am from San Diego and he is in Seattle could this have to do with anything?

Where are you from with the locked up phone and have you heard from nokia since you sent your phone away?

Old 15-03-2003, 12:03 PM

toddwess is on a distinguished road
I'm in Washington DC. I tried a T-Mobile card that was a year old, and on that was a month old. Neither one worked.

The phone would completely lock up. I sent it to Nokia on Wednesday, and don't expect it back here until Thursday. I seriously hope it works!

Old 19-03-2003, 08:00 PM

Grizam is on a distinguished road
I solved the t-mobile mystery! Spread The word!

I was fortunate enough to go to a store that had several versions of the 3650 offered all 3 GSM services and was an authorized nokia repair facility.

We tried all diffrent carriers and all diffrent configs and we came to find that Flash Version 2.5 only works with Cingular and AT&T and T-Mobile at least here in San Diego only works with 2.4 and earlier... I guess I will have to wait for something after 2.5+ to upgrade my phone to.

The mystery has been solved!

Old 20-03-2003, 02:04 AM

I'll have to call Nokia in Florida tomorrow and let them know this. I'm afraid they will test my Ver. 2.5 phone and see no problems with it since they don't have my T-Mobile SIM card.

I gave them a call yesterday (they have had my phone for 5 days now) and they informed me that they do not have the necessary equipment to fix my phone. They said to call back on Friday and see what the update was then. If I had known that a week ago, I would have returned the phone, instead of sending it in for repair.

This is getting worse and worse and worse . . .

Old 20-03-2003, 06:14 PM

Weird . . .

I just called Nokia this morning to let them know about the issues with software version 2.5 with T-Mobile, and they informed me that my phone has been repaired, and was shipped on Tuesday and is on it's way to me this afternoon. It is on the FedEX delivery truck for delivery by 4pm eastern today.

Strange since on Tuesday they said they didn't have the equipment to work on these phones. The only details they could give me was that the Symbian OS on the phone was upgraded, but couldn't tell me to what version number.

More after the phone gets here in a few hours . . .

Todd

Old 20-03-2003, 09:31 PM

I got the phone this afternoon . . .

put my T-Mobile SIM in the back . . .

crossed my fingers . . .

turned it on . . .

AND IT WORKED!! I have software Ver. 2.54 on the phone, and it works!! YEAH!! Now to play with it, and shoot some video!!

Todd
Ads