All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-04-2009, 09:46 AM

xios is on a distinguished road
N85: problems with phone calls and charging

Is anyone else having major problems with their N85?

I got mine in December, and it would frequently drop phone calls, and would turn itself off whilst charging. Sometimes when it turned itself off when charging it would also have the added benefit of making a high pitched noise that could only be stopped by removing the battery.

After two months of walking back and forth to my Nokia Care Centre, I've finally had my phone replaced. The new phone is better in that it only resets itself whilst charging (but comes back on!), but now the dropping phone calls at random intervals is more annoying. I've been without my phone for two months and have been using my old N95, which has none of these problems.

Has anyone else been experiencing similar problems? I find it very strange that I've had two phones now that both are dropping calls but noone else would be having a problem. Has anyone worked out a way to fix these issues?

Leon
Ads

Old 30-04-2009, 12:07 PM

car_guy143 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xios View Post

I got mine in December, and it would frequently drop phone calls, and would turn itself off whilst charging. Sometimes when it turned itself off when charging it would also have the added benefit of making a high pitched noise that could only be stopped by removing the battery.

After two months of walking back and forth to my Nokia Care Centre, I've finally had my phone replaced. The new phone is better in that it only resets itself whilst charging (but comes back on!), but now the dropping phone calls at random intervals is more annoying. I've been without my phone for two months and have been using my old N95, which has none of these problems.

Has anyone else been experiencing similar problems? I find it very strange that I've had two phones now that both are dropping calls but noone else would be having a problem. Has anyone worked out a way to fix these issues?

Leon
I haven't had any problems with the phone calls or charging to be honest. Mine has problems when you put the phone on silent, you have to close the phone and open it again to get the numberpad to light up again.

I would suggest you try reinstalling the firmware using Nokia Software Update on your pc

Old 09-05-2009, 08:45 PM

ffcphone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xios View Post

Leon
My N85 suffers with the strange "humming" noise when putting the phone on charge and turning the phone off. Only resolution is to remove battery.

Annoyingly, however, sometimes the phone's set time and date change which has resulted in my alarm going off at 4am when the phone thinks its 6:15am!!!

The custom dictionary entries also seem to be forgotten at times after one of these weird forced resets.

F