All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-06-2004, 03:38 PM
ivan333

Exclamation sim registration failed

Hi! I have a problem with my 3650, since it has been returned from flashing in authorized Nokia service to version 4.13 it wont recognize my SIM card. Phone works normally but every time i press menu button "sim card registration failed" message appears. It appears only with my sim card! I placed my SIM card in 7650 and it works normally! But if i connect my phone to a battery charger and then switch it on, message will not appear. Other sim cards work normally in my phone! Anyone knows what is cousing this problem? thanx

Old 30-06-2004, 06:15 PM

dhanesh is on a distinguished road
try a clean format .. if it still gives a problem .. change the sim

Old 30-06-2004, 11:35 PM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan333
Hi! I have a problem with my 3650, since it has been returned from flashing in authorized Nokia service to version 4.13 it wont recognize my SIM card. Phone works normally but every time i press menu button "sim card registration failed" message appears. It appears only with my sim card! I placed my SIM card in 7650 and it works normally! But if i connect my phone to a battery charger and then switch it on, message will not appear. Other sim cards work normally in my phone! Anyone knows what is cousing this problem? thanx
My friend has the same problem (registration failed) when his phone was locked to specific network. The other sims you tried, are they of the same network as with your current sim?

Old 07-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Ivan333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamalayan
My friend has the same problem (registration failed) when his phone was locked to specific network. The other sims you tried, are they of the same network as with your current sim?
No they r not! They r different!

Old 07-07-2004, 11:17 PM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan333
No they r not! They r different!
Then u should return it to where u had it flashed and tell them about it.

Old 13-07-2004, 08:24 PM

aeroworks is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem. its very spuratic. but doesn't stop me from doing anything.. just a little ignoying.
Ads

Old 19-03-2006, 12:54 PM

ramoruba is on a distinguished road
When you cell phone says"SIM CARD REGISTRATION FAILED" It means that handset has been permanently blocked to either receive or make calls.These are possible reasons :
(1) that cell phone is stolen
(2)the cellphone previous owner took it on a contract and never paid ie unpaid contract
(3)the previous owner lost it so he/she reported it lost so the network will disable it
(4)the previous owner took it on account and he/she never paid that account and subsequently it was a bad debt or irrecoverable debt-thenetwork will disable that handset.
IN SUCH INSTANCE,IT IS FUTILE TO WANT TO KNOW WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM AS THAT WILL LAND YOU TO JAIL.YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ANSWER FOR WHAT YOU DONT KNOW.
If you have legally bought that phone from a reputable shop,you can take that up with that shop.If you bought it from someone ,hard luck you have lost.
YUO ONLY HAVE A CASE IF YOU HAVE GENUINELY BOUGHT THAT PHONE AND YOU CAN PROVE WITH YOUR RECEIPT THAT YOU HAVE PAID FOR IT,OTHERWISE

GOOD LUCK