All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-04-2005, 11:38 AM

fender79 is on a distinguished road
Changing phone

Just to say that I am going to put away my X. Getting a SE P910i or Nokia 7710

Alex

Old 20-04-2005, 02:54 PM

Nightwisher is on a distinguished road
I must confess that i, too, have the idea of buying a new phone.
My patience of waitng for the new firmware is running over.
My main concern is money for the new phone.
If i buy a new phone, don't know if it's symbian (in this case nokia 6680) or win mobile (moto mpx220, less likely) or "dumb" phone (se z800, or k750i).
I thinks sendo will have a problem with x2 for x owners:
let's suppose that the next x firmware will deliver everything it promisses (bug correction, better performance and compatibility). In my opinion there's no new features that worth the upgrade (and the current memory card will be useless, very negative point).
If the new firmware didn't delivers, then there was, in theory, something to gain in upgrade (supposing that the x2 have none of x problems).
The problem is, the x owners will loose confidence in sendo (i would).
So, for now i'm resisting the temptation to buy other phone, and waiting for the firmware (and keeping my money )
I hope the firmware will be out soon and take out of my mind the idea of a new phone (my wallet will be happy )

Old 20-04-2005, 04:27 PM

Masamune is on a distinguished road
Stick with it guys - I'm still relatively new to the phone and I haven't had too many problems with it. Believe me, I know waaay too much about compatibility issues - I've used Palm handhelds for a number of years. From the rumours that have been floating around, there's a nice big bunch of software coming onto the Sendo website soon, aside from the firmware. Wait and see what happens before jumping ship.

Old 20-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
Well I too am buying a new phone... not until about July though...and it's name is the Sendo X2

EDIT: I've heard rumours recently that the next firmware for the X is being finalised, and should be released quite soon.

Last edited by stuclark; 20-04-2005 at 04:33 PM.

Old 20-04-2005, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuclark
Well I too am buying a new phone... not until about July though...and it's name is the Sendo X2

EDIT: I've heard rumours recently that the next firmware for the X is being finalised, and should be released quite soon.
That's very good news!
My X is working, especially after i open it to resolve the mic issue.
What annoys me is little thing (sms counter, that i know will be resolved, the lock/screensaver issue and one that happens when i open a new sms, open and then close, and i have to open again.

But what i said is, with these fixed, i have no reason to change to other, even the x2.
I think the x2 will appeal more to those who didn't jump to smartphone wagon because the were too big/expensive.

P.S. If it's possible to have the portuguese language in french release would be great (or i can flash with the portuguese firmware, as is now).

Keep us informed Stu!

Old 20-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
Believe me, the X2 will appeal to everyone, including those who already have the X. The enhancements and advantages it's got over the X are amazing, especially as they're based ont he same hardware platform. It's size, weight, screen, camera and speakers are fabulous!

As soon as I know more info about the next X firmware, I'll let you know.

Old 20-04-2005, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Believe me, the X2 will appeal to everyone, including those who already have the X. The enhancements and advantages it's got over the X are amazing, especially as they're based ont he same hardware platform. It's size, weight, screen, camera and speakers are fabulous!

That must be very big difference in these 5 points to justify the purchase of the x2 and a new memory card because the current card of the x (sd 512 in my case) cannot be used.
Anyway, still a sendo user (who knows, even a future x2 user )

Old 20-04-2005, 06:10 PM

I won't be changing to the X2 any time soon.

This is a rather annoying incident but if it is resloved soon, then I will be sticking with my X for at least 6 months or more. As anyone following my keyboard thread knows, I recently bought a Sendo Keyboard from a website called www.mobilefun.co.uk. As I need this for an article I'm working on, I aksed for it to be shipped next day delivery. This was last Thursday (14/4). Come Tuesday it still hadn't arrived and Royal Mail and no record of it whatsoever. Once I'd stopped frothing at the mouth, I got in touch with MobileFun again yesterday and was promised that a keyboard would definately be shipped to me by 1pm today (20/4). Having got in this evening, ITS STILL NOT HERE!!!!!! Again, once thoughts of violent homicide had gone from my mind, I got in touch again with the website, who told me that the keyboard that they had meant to ship didn't have any driver CDs for it and it was the only one they had in stock. I allegedly have been given a refund on my shipping costs (whoop-de-f***ing-doo) and should recieve the keyboard by no later than Saturday, with all appropriate software. God help them if they don't.

Old 20-04-2005, 08:06 PM

trimakassi is on a distinguished road
Well then, if God won't help them, could u share your experiences with the keyboard? I'm keen on buying this also (as soon as i get my X back from repairs...), but i want to be make sure it works properly...

Old 20-04-2005, 08:22 PM

Assuming the damn keyboard ever arrives, I was planning to do a proper review.

Old 21-04-2005, 07:17 AM

boogieindubai is on a distinguished road
Quote:

hmm...lemme c...by the time the x2 comes out we will have phones with 2mp cams...screens with more than 65000 colors, which will be smaller and weigh less than the x2... ooh yeah i wonder if the fabulous speaker of the x2 will have a built-in JBL subwoofer

i am quite happy with my x and i think most x owners will either keep their x's or sell it (because they hate their x's) and not buy another sendo til they live.

i for one wont buy another x after i sell this one cuz i am SICK AND TIRED OF ITS DUMB ASS MIC(using my handsfree set to make calls since weeks now)

Old 21-04-2005, 08:16 AM

fender79 is on a distinguished road
By the time the next firmware / extras come out I will already have a New SE p910i.

Old 21-04-2005, 10:38 AM

bigeddie is on a distinguished road
sendo? ? it may just be me that is few steps behind the mobile tech these days.

but when i was working in a phone shop sendo was something that worse than the worst phone, and only sell them to those who will only need them for few weeks (i.e. international students) or elderly ppl that not using them all the time!
Ads

Old 21-04-2005, 11:00 AM

I'm not sure about Sendo's other phones or their debut models, but the X is something rather special - it's had glowing reviews in every magazine that's looked at it. Most Symbian websites seem quite happy with it as well. It's not perfect and there are bugs that need to be ironed out, but it's still a damn fine phone.

Old 21-04-2005, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender79
By the time the next firmware / extras come out I will already have a New SE p910i.
Fender79, what is the price you will buy de se910? And where?
You know the keyboard in that phone is very tiny. Why not the 6680? the 910 is becoming a bit outdated.