All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-02-2009, 05:19 PM

kdt is on a distinguished road
Nokia N79 - Camera Problem

Hello all,

Checked around on the forum before posting this but couldn't find a thread relevant to my question/problem. So here goes, hope you can help.

I've just bought a N79 and on the whole I am happy with the mobile except for two problems I've encounterd:

The first is to do with the camera: Sometimes when opening the shutter the camera application will open but rather than seeing an image of what is in front of me all I get is a black screen. The application itself will be loaded and accessible but will be very sluggish. On other occassions it will work fine.

The second is with the FM transmitter: I had the mobile playing a playlist and transmitting through FM to my car radio. I tried to skip a track and as soon as I did this the phone appeared to crash. I say appeared as on pressing the "end call" key it was very very slow but did respond. Finally I had to remove the battery to reset it.

I've checked my firmware version and I have latest. I tried a reset but the problems still crop up.

Anyone got any ideas about this? Is there something I can do or do I basically have to wait for a firmware update?

Thanks for your help

Ken
Ads

Old 13-04-2009, 07:07 PM

turkman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
Hello all,

Checked around on the forum before posting this but couldn't find a thread relevant to my question/problem. So here goes, hope you can help.

I've just bought a N79 and on the whole I am happy with the mobile except for two problems I've encounterd:

The first is to do with the camera: Sometimes when opening the shutter the camera application will open but rather than seeing an image of what is in front of me all I get is a black screen. The application itself will be loaded and accessible but will be very sluggish. On other occassions it will work fine.

The second is with the FM transmitter: I had the mobile playing a playlist and transmitting through FM to my car radio. I tried to skip a track and as soon as I did this the phone appeared to crash. I say appeared as on pressing the "end call" key it was very very slow but did respond. Finally I had to remove the battery to reset it.

I've checked my firmware version and I have latest. I tried a reset but the problems still crop up.

Anyone got any ideas about this? Is there something I can do or do I basically have to wait for a firmware update?

Thanks for your help

Ken

hi...I had a problem with transmitter too...its awfull:(