All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-11-2007, 12:04 AM

rottie is on a distinguished road
Phone switching itself off while sliding out.

Does anyone else experience it or is it just mine - on average once or twice a day when I open/slide out the keyboard the phone switch itself off.
But not normally but like upon disconnecting battery, when the display gradually darkens.

I'd send it to repair because it's still under warranty, but I suspect it's not a hardware related issue, altough it seems to be.

The reason why I think it's firmware related, is that in 90% of case it happens when I open an application/function and then quickly open the keyboard. Most of the times when I press CREATE NEW MESSAGE from active standby applications and then open it. If I do it the other way round, first slide then CREATE nothing happens.
And I can open it and close it 100 of times without it happening when I don't open any application before.

Is it just mine N95?

I really don't wanna be without it for a week or two when it would be serviced.

Old 14-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottie View Post
Does anyone else experience it or is it just mine - on average once or twice a day when I open/slide out the keyboard the phone switch itself off.
But not normally but like upon disconnecting battery, when the display gradually darkens.

I'd send it to repair because it's still under warranty, but I suspect it's not a hardware related issue, altough it seems to be.

The reason why I think it's firmware related, is that in 90% of case it happens when I open an application/function and then quickly open the keyboard. Most of the times when I press CREATE NEW MESSAGE from active standby applications and then open it. If I do it the other way round, first slide then CREATE nothing happens.
And I can open it and close it 100 of times without it happening when I don't open any application before.

Is it just mine N95?

I really don't wanna be without it for a week or two when it would be serviced.
Its just you...

Have you tried reinstalling the f/w if you really dont wanna take it to Nokia...

It sounds tho, that thats what your gonna need to do... that or take it apart yourself... If its on a few days old, you can get it switched straight away...
Ads