All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-03-2005, 01:35 PM

Mickyster is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Boot up problems: Device failed to start-up please contact your retailer

I can't start my n-gage. error message: " Device failed to start-up please contact your retailer" ...the battery can't even charge any longer. what can I do? please help someone.
already read about the hard reset/format codes.
I can't enter these codes anywhere.
thanks a lot. I have all full ngage games. If anyone can help me here. I am willing to return the favor

Old 03-03-2005, 04:36 PM
matt_3650

Maybe you have installed a bad app or smething, or are using warez.

Have you downloaded games from any internet sites? or file sharing tools?

Try restarting the device without MMC or format your MMC.

The problem could be a number of reasons, but possibly bad third party software or warez.

Old 03-03-2005, 05:39 PM

Gaiyan is on a distinguished road
Try to start it in safe mode. Press and hold the pen key soon as you press power. You can also try to take out sim and mmc and battery for a few minutes and try again. Works for me as I get the same error every now and then.

Joshua.
Ads

Old 03-03-2005, 09:24 PM

Exclamation N-gage Start-up problem

I tried all these before. still same error message.
all my games are warez. i tried the pen holding boot up technique, ..didn't work.
took out the MMC...still didn't work.
took out the sim, mmc etc..waited a few minutes, then put them back....still didn't work.
The battery can't even charge up anymore. should charge if phone is off. but can't charge eitherways. No nokia service center here. just some basic service centers.....they couldn't fix it.
what is going on? I'm gonna smash this phone and send it in bits to NOKIA

Old 04-03-2005, 03:26 PM
matt_3650

Warez, thts ur answer thn, ur using illegal software, which is not liked in this forum. Tht is probs the reason why ur fone is screwed, cos of warez. U can get it flashed.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:16 PM

Exclamation

Ok, warez games are the only games I see here in the market, I can't fine original games. iF I could then i will get the originals. I took the phone to legal nokia support center, they can't flash it. ...I dunno what to do. even teh battery is dead now, and I can't charge it up. it simply wont charge.

Old 07-03-2005, 05:27 PM
matt_3650

Hmmm, well I see your point.

How come they couldnt flash it at the nokia centre?

You mite wanna try a place like Computer Exchange if you are living in the UK, they can flash it.

Otherwise, i dont know and you mite have to get urself a new phone.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:20 PM

Dr@n|xX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyster
Ok, warez games are the only games I see here in the market, I can't fine original games. iF I could then i will get the originals. I took the phone to legal nokia support center, they can't flash it. ...I dunno what to do. even teh battery is dead now, and I can't charge it up. it simply wont charge.
Sounds dubious to me.
If there's a legal nokia support centre they should sell Ngage games there as well. If they don't sell Ngage games it may be because the Ngage is technically not launched in your country at all, meaning the local Nokia Centres won't have the means to handle Ngage requests at all.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:08 PM

lllshreelll is on a distinguished road
TYPE *#7370#
When it asks for code type 12345

DO THIS TWICE

Old 14-04-2005, 06:16 PM
OoOhHhNiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyster
I can't start my n-gage. error message: " Device failed to start-up please contact your retailer" ...the battery can't even charge any longer. what can I do? please help someone.
already read about the hard reset/format codes.
I can't enter these codes anywhere.
thanks a lot. I have all full ngage games. If anyone can help me here. I am willing to return the favor
When this happened to me, my friend told me to erase the system.ini in the system files. I follow what he tolds me and it pretty works for me!

Old 15-04-2005, 11:28 AM

korhojoa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllshreelll
TYPE *#7370#
When it asks for code type 12345

DO THIS TWICE

Ehh, dumbass, don't type in 12345 if it's not your security code, you're supposed to type in that. If you get it wrong, then you're really fucked.