All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-05-2003, 03:36 PM

wannyondeathrow is on a distinguished road
SFCave High Score Table Comments

Would it be possible for you to setup a competition for the highest score on SFcave (Great game by the way, I think ill have to replace my spacebar soon ops: )

The high score table is good but the codes are left for others to reproduce and i feel there would be a hell of a lot more interest in this if there was a prize to compete for.#

Maybe mmc's could be a (fairly cheap) prize??? Maybe you could organize this with some of your hardware associates ??

Please mail me (despammed) wannyondeathrow AT yahoo.co.uk

Thanks again for this wonderful game.
Ads

Old 16-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Nope, I'll reply here.

If someone was really going to submit the same identical score as someone else, then I would always put the first score higher for that exact reason. IN terms of hiding the code and score, this would require some php code and integration - strangely I do have someone looking at that just now.

You'll note i wipe codes when I update the High score table. One thing thouhg, is that by keeping it visible it shows new authors, or people thinking of getting involved in OPL, how easy it is to set up something like this.

As to a competition... you mean pride isn't enough? To be able to say "I'm the best?" It should be ;-) I've got little enough spare time as it is, and gathering prizes isn't for me. Of course if you want to volunteer...

Also note it's freeware - so it's not as if I have Reg Fees I can use to buy (even fairly cheap) prizes.
-- Twitter: @ewan